Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2005, 08:34 AM

Default Re: Value bet 10/20

Bet.
Old 03-07-2005, 04:04 PM

That is a good point, and after seeing how badly I got outvoted on this hand I am reconsidering my point of view. I know I sometimes develop little girl syndrome on the river. I suspect it is because I really hate getting check raised and having to call that too.

Is the main reason why you all chose to bet the size of the pot? Do you think that most typical Party opponents won't fold any pair here in a pot this big?
Old 03-07-2005, 05:37 PM

u are saying bet/folding to raise. or are you saying bet/ calling a raise. (if opponent cr's you on river) i assume bet/folding, but just wanted to check to make sure.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
u are saying bet/folding to raise. or are you saying bet/ calling a raise. (if opponent cr's you on river) i assume bet/folding, but just wanted to check to make sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really know. It would be opponent specific. I'm just saying that my reason for checking behind on the river would partially be to avoid a check raise (bluff or not), and partially for the reasons I mentioned in previous post.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:25 PM

I don't play this high but at lower limits many people cap there flusdraws on the flop, and then check/call.. Other hands that can play the flop this way is a pair+straight draw. And this will pay you of at the river.

It aint that likely that a kinghand will be this aggresive , except AK but I expect a little preflop action from him, so I say bet.

If it was A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] I would cheack it.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:57 PM

He had some combination of a pair and the ace of diamonds, and MHIG. I really do shut down on the river a lot when I hold a weak but likely good hand, and someone has played their hand weird enough that it looks like a flush draw. The checkraise on the flop looks like pair + flush draw, but I guess it was pair + straight draw + backdoor flush draw.