Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2005, 02:39 PM

Default Re: Canada may legalize pot! sweet....

Like how cheap are we talking?

I heard( [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ) that it's around $35 for an eighth of weed here in upstate NY. I'm sure it's a hell of a lot cheaper in the Netherlands, because the price here is inflated due to the illegal demand.
Old 03-07-2005, 02:49 PM

Because I am incredibly dumb when it comes to drugs prices, i **think** that is was 5 euros for a gram (or something like that[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]) Maybe a european can help me out here...

It was cheap enough that it was something like $7 (us dollars) for 4 joints... hmmm, memory kinda hazy...
Old 03-07-2005, 02:52 PM

Ok so an eighth is 3.5 grams.

And you say a gram is about 5 euros. So that's 17.5 euros for an eighth?

So after converting from Euro to dollars, that's about $23.50.

Not as cheap as I expected. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2005, 03:03 PM

When compared to a night out drinking (>>$40 often) that shits a bargain! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2005, 03:05 PM

Yeah but it's only 12 bucks cheaper than here. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I disagree that it wouldn't be cheaper to grow my own. I'm now sure that it would be. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Cya
Old 03-07-2005, 03:23 PM

Do not forget to factor in the quality of the drugs you could get in Amsterdam versus what you could get in New York (although I've never smoked any New York weed) or versus what you could successfully cultivate.
Old 03-07-2005, 03:34 PM

amsterdam > california medicinal > california >>>>> new jersey (only east coast experience)

i mildly hallucinated in amsterdam for gods sake.
Old 03-07-2005, 03:35 PM

growing pot is more difficult then you think.Do you see smokers growing and producing hteir own tabocco? No, because it is a full time job that requires skill, time and equipment. This is especially true if you wnat a quality product.

Also, there still may be laws that will stop you from doing this.
Old 03-07-2005, 03:48 PM

I was just reading an article where they said the number of people treated for marijuana professionally has tripled since 1992...

but of course, most of these were court ordered and mandated treatments - do this or go to jail.

I read about a guy who's friend got busted for possession, she had to go to this treatment, and if she didn't go on and on about how pot "ruined" her life and made her a helpless addict, she could fail the program and go to jail, so she made crap up for 4 weeks, got out, and went right back to smoking.

There is no good reason for pot to be criminalized and alcohol not to be - we need consistancy in US laws, but of course, marijuana doesn't have a lobby behind it yet.

RB
Old 03-07-2005, 05:02 PM

It would be great if this happnens, but I expect the U.S. to put a lot of pressure on Canada not to legalize. They could easily gum up the border with extensive inspections. Of course, Canadians generally don't like to be bullied by the U.S., so this could backfire. If Canada legalizes, I expect a lot of smuggling into the U.S. The canadian border is wide open, and a lot of it is in wilderness. You might have canoes and pack trains loaded with pot bought legally in Canada coming into the U.S. I'm sure a lot of Americans who live near the border will buy personal use quantities and smuggle it back in, too. The U.S. will be faced with either launching a massive interdiction effort, or throwing in the towel and legalizing it here. I love it.