Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2005, 02:48 AM

Default Re: what is the Tourney Masters?

lol i been playing on yahoo. ill check it out, thanks for the link [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] holla
Old 03-07-2005, 03:22 AM

Yeah playing on yahoo is stupid. Thats like playing on Planet Poker instead of Party or Stars.
Old 03-07-2005, 03:29 AM

lol, good analogy. planet poker sucks. is there any online sites that have good late game information? my openings are pretty solid, but i think i give up quite a bit towards the end.. any advice? holla
Old 03-07-2005, 03:53 AM

Not really sure....chess is much harder to get good at than poker. Play some on ICC, that should help. Get a coach if you are really serious, I could refer you to a good one.
Old 03-07-2005, 04:15 AM

Hey now, those of us that are old enough that we were there for the start of this whole internet poker thing will always have a warm feeling for planet.

Yeah, I haven't played there in years, but I have lots of good memories from that place.

Steve
Old 03-07-2005, 04:16 AM

lacky u must be a dinosaur. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] holla
Old 03-07-2005, 11:00 AM

Default Congrats,

I busted out 11th. Was looking to double up my shortish stack and decided to push in the big blind when the button minraised. I had 33 and was hoping for a coin flip if he called. Unfortunately he had 99 and I'm gone.
Old 03-07-2005, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, only once a month or so [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] hey yugo, u used to play chess right? i wanna play u. im pretty terrible late game, but i started playing and trying to learn. could be fun. holla at me, if u got aim im raptor51786. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I used to play chess. In fact, I had to play two weeks ago in the stupid West Amateur Team Tournament or some nonsense (my board one from college called me in....he's the only reason I've ever won anything at chess so, for that, I owe).

As far as getting better, you really ought to be talking to curtains. He is almost infinitely better at chess than I am (so is his sister, btw).

As far as getting better at chess, playing on ICC or online in general is fine but you really ought to be playing longer than 5 or 10 minutes games, IMO. Also, openings are inconsequential -- it's the middle and endgame that need the most attention (again, IMHO).

I remember the first endgame book I ever read was some Silman book and quite handy....forget the name though. I'd recommend Dvoretsky's endgame manual but while being presented in an amazing way, it's likely over your head (I have no idea, of course).

I'll send you an AIM at some point ...... generally chess is hugely -$EV but I guess it can be fun sometimes.

Yugoslav
holla!
Old 03-07-2005, 08:18 PM

Default Re: Congrats,

lol, hawkeye i think that was me that busted you out, bebop86, holla [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]