Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2005, 04:37 PM

Default 39s family pot from SB

I've never really run into this situation before so I was just sort of winging it. I'm curious what people would have done differently with the flop as-is, and if the 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] was 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and if the 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] was 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (8 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

River: (13 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB
Old 03-06-2005, 04:47 PM

Default Re: 39s family pot from SB

Preflop: Fine, but very marginal. What do people think about SSH play any 2 suited cards from the SB? I think its too loose.

Flop: You have to call here with a double gushot. A checkraise would be nice to trap the whole field [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] With so many players I wouldnt bet out though.

Turn: Bottom end of 4 straight, with 6 people your hand is rarely good and you will split often. I am on getting to the river cheaply with 6 opponents. Check/call here.

River: I guess you lost to a flush. I dont think your hand will ever be good here. The post flop play looks like a flush draw from some of your opponents and all you have is the bottom of a straight. Saying that, with 13BB and closing the action you could be up against 2 pair or something. May even split the pot so you should call.

Is this reasoning correct? I havent really posted replies to hands because I dont want to give bad advice.
Old 03-06-2005, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Fine, but very marginal. What do people think about SSH play any 2 suited cards from the SB? I think its too loose.

[/ QUOTE ]
Preflop is very easy. You're getting 15:1 and will flop a flushdraw ~11% of the time and a made flush ~1% of the time. Add to that trips 2 pair etc.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: You have to call here with a double gushot. A checkraise would be nice to trap the whole field

[/ QUOTE ]
On this hand check/raising would be bad. If the 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]-&gt;7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] then check/raising might be an option. (I wouldn't c/r, but maybe it's close)

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: Bottom end of 4 straight, with 6 people your hand is rarely good and you will split often. I am on getting to the river cheaply with 6 opponents. Check/call here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agree, check/call.
Old 03-06-2005, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't blindly play any 2 suited from SB... but look at how many limpers there are here!

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: You have to call here with a double gushot. A checkraise would be nice to trap the whole field [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] With so many players I wouldnt bet out though.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I think I have enough equity to CR trap, I probably would have bet out in the first place, no? Change the 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] to 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and I consider betting out. Anyone else?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not understanding how I had odds to call the flop if 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is good that infrequently.

[ QUOTE ]
Is this reasoning correct? I havent really posted replies to hands because I dont want to give bad advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I liked your reasoning. But don't be afraid to give bad advice. People will correct you, and that's a great way to learn.
Old 03-06-2005, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I think I have enough equity to CR trap

[/ QUOTE ]
I would say we have ~3.5-4 outs on the flop. Enough to call but far from making check/raising an option. Do you know how much getting 3-betted by BB would suck?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not understanding how I had odds to call the flop if 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is good that infrequently.

[/ QUOTE ]
You noticed we also had the 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]?
Old 03-06-2005, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I would say we have ~3.5-4 outs on the flop. Enough to call but far from making check/raising an option. Do you know how much getting 3-betted by BB would suck?

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, I agreed on that point.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You noticed we also had the 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and I know the 8's count for more of my outs on the flop than the 4's do. But if the 4's account for so little that I'm not willing to bet out when a non-spade 4 comes, then I'm not sure how I have enough outs on the flop to call.