Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2005, 01:33 AM

Default Re: UltimateBet Programming Errors

Sure looks like a bug to me. But, I never heard of a software progam that didn't have bugs in it. Hopefully it is all resolved.
Old 03-06-2005, 01:46 AM

Lori
Old 03-06-2005, 03:27 AM

While we’re on the subject of UB tournaments, I’ll add my own little WFT???

I don’t usually play on UB but have been there a little bit over the past few days trying out my new Triple Draw knowledge.

A couple nights ago I was looking through the Tournament Lobby and noticed a $3000 Guarantee was 10 minutes to starting and only had like 19 signed up. Even though I am dead money a NL tourney, I figured that was too big an overlay to pass up and I might just try “The System.”

Well, so I watch the thing and a few minutes before start time a sign-up frenzy takes place, eliminating the overlay ... not unusual, I’m doing the same thing myself. I pass on the tournament and go back to my game ... pretty soon the message scrolls past the SoAndSo just won the $3000 Guarantee ... 17 minutes. WTF?

So I’m on tonight ... the Triple Draw broke, leaving only a .25/.50 game going ... so I browse the tourneys and there is a $20 +2 Limit about to start ... I’m semi-bored and sign up.

Fifteen minutes into the tourney, 12 minute levels, so we’re just barely into level 2, I am exploring the Tournament Lobby to see what kind of useful information might be there ... and 3 people have busted out on 3 different tables ... and on each of those tables, one player has more than doubled his stack ... this is Limit, mind you ... WTF?

Are the tournaments on UB populated in large part by total full-blown maniacs ... or WTF?
Old 03-06-2005, 08:31 AM

This reminds me of something that happened to me at UB several weeks ago. My computer disconnected early in a hand and I was (or should've been) put all-in (this was a limit ring game). When I reconnected, I checked the hand history and I had the winning hand, but it was awarded to someone else. I didn't think much of it at the time, assuming that I had been folded instead of put all-in due to my disconnect, but now I'm concerned that UB has software issues! Anybody else worried?
Old 03-06-2005, 10:59 AM

no.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:04 PM

I have closed my account with UB a few days ago. Too many issues to discuss. Anyway, looking for somewhere else to play. Anyone got any recommendations?
Old 03-09-2005, 02:21 AM

Heres the response I received...understand but still appears a little funny to me.

Dear CamSmith; ,

The hand in question was reviewed. The hand history and the underlying system logs were reviewed. The hand history does not indicate that the player who had the flush left the table. This was what occurred. When the player leaves the table, they are no longer considered part of the wagering group and are not eligible for the pot (the system cannot award them the pot if they are not there). This has been raised as an issue for future correction.

Thank you for bring this to our attention. For this information we have credit your account with 500 ultimate points.

Please contact us if we may help you in any other way.

Sincerely,

Jane
Accounts Department
Old 03-09-2005, 02:40 AM

Is 500 Ultimate points enough to get you a beanie??
Old 03-09-2005, 02:43 AM

It's worth about $2.
Old 03-09-2005, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have closed my account with UB a few days ago. Too many issues to discuss. Anyway, looking for somewhere else to play. Anyone got any recommendations?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is strange, UB has been my primary site since Nov 2003. Aside from a few server crashes from time to time, I have never had a problem with them, and never seen anything strange like described.

The 3K tourney winner message was probably another tournament. They are running them all day.

A lot of pro's like David Benyamine play on the site regularly too.