Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2005, 08:50 AM

Default UltimateBet Programming Errors

Until the last couple of weeks when I had to go to India on business I have avoided playing online. It appears with good reason. In the last two weeks I have seen several serious programming errors on UltimateBet that I feel compelled to warn people about. This is particularly true since I have received no response beyond aknowledgement of my email from UB. These errors include:

1)Hand being dealt between the blinds in a tournament and most seriously;

2) A pot being awarded to the wrong player. I am posting the hand history and urge caution. Several other players at the table noticed the error but seemed somewhat unconcerned which makes me worry that this is a fairly common occurance.

Hand #4710638-44 at Thu3amA-017 (No Limit tournament Hold\'em)
Powered by UltimateBet
Started at 03/Mar/05 03:42:30

his_dudeness is at seat 1 with 2195.
CamSmith is at seat 2 with 4360.
softopvair is at seat 3 with 330.
guggs is at seat 4 with 2070.
perry1974 is at seat 5 with 2815.
abskalut is at seat 6 with 155.
robinivich is at seat 7 with 1325.
bt ace is at seat 8 with 715.
RobX79 is at seat 9 with 3815.
The button is at seat 7.

bt ace posts the small blind of 20.
RobX79 posts the big blind of 40.

his_dudeness: -- --
CamSmith: 3s Qh
softopvair: -- --
guggs: -- --
perry1974: -- --
abskalut: -- --
robinivich: -- --
bt ace: -- --
RobX79: -- --

Pre-flop:

his_dudeness folds. CamSmith folds. softopvair
folds. guggs folds. perry1974 folds. abskalut
calls. robinivich folds. bt ace folds. RobX79
raises to 175. abskalut goes all-in for 155. RobX79
is returned 20 (uncalled).

Tournament all-in showdown -- players show:

abskalut shows 7s 9d.
RobX79 shows Ac Jc.

Flop (board: 4d 2s Js):

(no action in this round)

Turn (board: 4d 2s Js As):

River (board: 4d 2s Js As 4s):

Showdown:

RobX79 has Ac Jc 4d Js As: two pair, aces and jacks.

Hand #4710638-44 Summary:

No rake is taken for this hand.
RobX79 wins 330 with two pair, aces and jacks.
----------------------------------------------------------------

For the record I work in software development and if the code for determining the pot winner is flawed it probably indicates some serious problems since that would have to be one of the first routines written and should be the most tested of all the code.

Cam
Old 03-05-2005, 08:58 AM

Default Re: UltimateBet Programming Errors

The hand was awarded to two pair when the other all in player had a runner runner flush. It was ugly but nervertheless was the winning hand. Note I wasn't in the pot.
Old 03-05-2005, 05:10 PM

Default NO errors, just retards

This is ridiculous. You obviously edited the hand history text. What did the software declare abskalut's final holding?? Quit wasting our time. This was at "03/Mar/05 03:42:30" and your acid trip is just starting to wear off.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:31 PM

Default Re: NO errors, just retards

Gave you a heads up you make your own decision. The hand was NOT edited and can be confirmed by any of the people at the table (usernames all listed). However unlike most here I use my real name which was clearly in the post. Ultimatebet sent me an email saying the issue had been referred to the programming department. I'll post anything more I hear but until then I have quit playing anything higher then low limit tournaments. Perhaps instead of calling me a liar and retard you might want to ask a legitimate question...might save you some money. As I said at the beginning your decision.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:38 PM

was rob pushed the money? maybe it is saying he was awarded pot because he had other player covered and would have won any sidepot? the error just may be in the text.

pull up next hand, hand history and see who actually got the dough. i can't imagine an error like this not being fixed immediately, but i can imagine an error in the text of a HH slipping under the radar. if the software is awarding money to people that did not win the pot, this would be an issue brought out by many people by now.

btw, this WAS a real money tourney, right?
Old 03-05-2005, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gave you a heads up you make your own decision. The hand was NOT edited and can be confirmed by any of the people at the table (usernames all listed). However unlike most here I use my real name which was clearly in the post. Ultimatebet sent me an email saying the issue had been referred to the programming department. I'll post anything more I hear but until then I have quit playing anything higher then low limit tournaments. Perhaps instead of calling me a liar and retard you might want to ask a legitimate question...might save you some money. As I said at the beginning your decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not the full hand history, if it were, did you contact UB, what was there response? You are a cheap hack.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:38 PM

BTW, I am playing on UB now, and I am sending this in to them and asking for a response.
Old 03-06-2005, 01:14 AM

Great, thats whats needed. I'm a 42 year old software executive living in Las Vegas. This is not a joke and I am not a troll. Still can't believe what I saw. UltimateBet said the matter had been referred to the "programming" department in their last email to me but quite honestly I was expecting a phone call. Oh well. Last post since its obvious people don't care..its your money. Personally I'm going back to live play which is easy for me since I live in Vegas.
Old 03-06-2005, 01:18 AM

Yes this was a real money tournament and the Flush holder was covered and eliminated from the tournament. My only guess is that he left the tournament at a critical moment and the Ultimatebet software thought he abandoned the tournament??? However he should still have won the pot and just been blindd out. The losing player didn't respond to the many comments in chat after the hand.
Old 03-06-2005, 01:32 AM

See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.