Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2005, 03:07 PM

Default Re: K3o from BB in large pots

[ QUOTE ]
Both of these are horrible preflop calls. Do you not see why? Hand two is a closer decision (like like the moon is closer driving distance than the sun). Do you see why this is?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think any preflop call can really every be called "horrible" when getting from 11:1 in the first hand to probably 15:1 in the second. Certainly there are calls that may be slightly -EV, but you can get away with playing a lot of crap in this spot. I would play a lot of unsuited connectors, onegaps, two gaps, I'd play almost any ace, any two suited, ect.
Old 03-05-2005, 03:18 PM

I think you're being argumentative. These two calls are definitively horrible. How often are you going to flop big hands? How often are your single and two pair hands going to hold up? How often to you end up going the distance because the pot is huge?

- Jim
Old 03-05-2005, 03:22 PM

Default Results

Hand 1:
River was a 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I check, UTG bets, MP calls, Button calls, I raise, UTG calls, MP folds, Button folds.

I take down the 16 bb pot.

Hand 2:
EP is holding K6o. He and I split the 25bb pot.

I knew that if I didn't post these hands, I would let winning them delude me into thinking I played them OK.

Getting past the preflop mistakes, anybody else want to comment on the best way to play hand 2 postflop?
Old 03-05-2005, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
think you're being argumentative. These two calls are definitively horrible. How often are you going to flop big hands? How often are your single and two pair hands going to hold up? How often to you end up going the distance because the pot is huge?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not being argumentative. I'm just saying, with that big of an overlay, calling with just about any two cards couldn't be that big of a leak. I said in my original post that I still thought it was probably a bad PF call. However, give me even a slightly better kicker, like K8 or so and I'm probably in both of these pots.
Old 03-05-2005, 03:30 PM

Default Re: Results

Fold the flop in hand 2. The SB bet into a crowd with a broadway flop. While you have top pair, raising here is futile. And there are too many people left to act whom this flop most likely hit - if not body slammed.

- Jim