Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2005, 02:38 AM

Default Re: my sit and go poker system...

While MM's strategy here is sound, I believe he doesn't really delve into how to play after L4 and in the later stages, which, IMHO, are much harder to play.
Old 03-05-2005, 03:11 AM

MM plays SnGs?

or did he just write a book on them?
Or did someone else pay him to slap his name on something he had nothing to do with?
Old 03-05-2005, 03:14 AM

Dunno, and it doesn't really matter. I didn't see anything glaringly wrong with it. Looking back at it, it isn't really a system as much as some good random advice.

I particularly liked this bit:
5. When you make a bet with what you believe to be the best hand, bet enough so that an opponent with the most obvious draw would be making a mistake to call. For instance, suppose you have QQ, and the flop is J-7-3 with two spades. You are concerned about the possibility of a spade flush draw being out against you. The probability of that person hitting a flush is about 20% (one in five times) on the turn card. Make sure you bet more than 1/5th of what somebody could win from you if he hits his flush on the turn.
Old 03-05-2005, 05:02 AM

wow, everybody has something bad to say about moneymaker's strategy... but i think its almost flawless

looks like hes a great online poker player, however when it comes to real games ( wsop 2004 ) he totally sucked... for example when his pocket 8's went against someones a's and won, and another time when he rivered phil ivey for 11th place..... ivey would of won the whole thing if he would of won that one hand in my mind....
Old 03-05-2005, 05:29 AM

Forums - sit n gos - no posts.

How long has your site been up?
Old 03-05-2005, 05:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That may or may not work. If you keep playing hands like 78 suited or A6 suited, you MIGHT catch a good flop and double up. More than likely, however, you'll find yourself short-stacked by the time it reaches levels 3-4, and then you're on edge.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. The tournaments I play you start with 2000 chips. If you play 3-4 hands in levels 1 and 2 you are talking about 200 chips max ... hardly leaving you shortstacked. You play them cheap, hopefully in position, and you fold to big pushes. This is the one thing I like from SuperSystem ... If you can see a flop for cheap, it's worth it.

As for the rest, sure, you can sit there and be a robot and push when you get aces and kings. And while you are waiting, that's when you are getting knocked down in chips to a point where you have to play desperate poker.

Hellmuth talks about only playing the top 10 hands. Good luck waiting for those in a SNG, especially speed and turbos, which is all I prefer to play.
Old 03-05-2005, 05:53 AM

im pretty sure most people are talking about party's structure with 800 or 1000 chips.
Old 03-05-2005, 06:20 AM

what site do you start with 2000 chips at?
Old 03-05-2005, 11:27 AM

Exactly bweiser......In my earlier post I wasn't talking about playing every hand. Only suited connectors, low pkt pairs, KJ QT and other marginal hands....out of position. And I agree that in tournaments you don't have the roll to chase hands, but whay not take a chance to flop a monster when the blinds are so cheap. Oh and I have been playing on full tilt lately and the sng's there you start with 1500 in chips at 15/30 and the blinds go up every 6 minutes.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:40 AM

You forgot to mention that you will fold KK or AA if you are not first-in during level 1 or 2 because your chances of rivering quads are reduced (The Lorinda defense declined).