Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2005, 03:06 PM

Default Re: Did I Play This Right?

Honestly, when everyone turned over their cards and I had the best hand I was suprised. I figured that just out of pure luck that someone would have QQ or something. But, I also realized that it was at least just as, if not more, likely that I was up against one decent hand (KQs) and rags.
Old 03-04-2005, 03:12 PM

Default Re: Did I Play This Right?

[ QUOTE ]
They're fish. You have probably the best hand. You NEED to raise pre-flop. Raising pre-flop is not just about making them fold. If they call you with a worse hand (and you WANT them to call), it's a +EV situation for you. After showing some good hands after you raise pre-flop, they'll start to understand that calling with junk is not a good idea, but until then you should make them pay for their bad plays.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, kinda. It is just that they always pay me, anyway. If they are going to call with 3-4 all the way to the river no matter what I bet, why raise pre-flop. If the flop is rag, rag, rag, I can easily fold. If I hit my hand, they are going to call all my bets anyway. These are exceptionally bad players.