Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2005, 09:13 PM

Default Party $3/6.. unusual TT hand...

I'm not sure what I was thinking on this hand, but I do remember having a reason for everything I did. Villian was 50/0/1.4 I think over like 40 hands and the open-limper also had similiar numbers.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10.33 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (5.16 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

River: (11.16 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 19.16 BB

I'm 8-tabling while I'm posting this so I'll post more about it later.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:17 PM

Default Re: Party $3/6.. unusual TT hand...

Meh, there were also some reads on villian that went into some decision making, but after 40 hands they couldn't have been great reads to begin with so disregard them. He has shown down some complete bluffs though so far.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:39 PM

The turn call is a little thin. I'd give you about 2-3 outs for the straight, and you 2 T outs are almost definitely good. You'd obviously make a bundle when you hit your FH, but I think the straight is likely to hurt you when you're drawing against a possible made flush or FH. I dont mind a turn fold. I think the flop check is alright too.

Freakin
Old 03-03-2005, 09:42 PM

It was a real thin turn call, if correct at all (I didn't have time to run the numbers 8-tabling, and still haven't). I also figured there was a small, yet significant, chance a spade would've won me the hand, which is mainly what put me over the edge. I didn't put MP2 on a flush of any significance.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The turn call is a little thin. I'd give you about 2-3 outs for the straight, and you 2 T outs are almost definitely good. You'd obviously make a bundle when you hit your FH, but I think the straight is likely to hurt you when you're drawing against a possible made flush or FH. I dont mind a turn fold. I think the flop check is alright too.

[/ QUOTE ]

K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] give hero the nuts as well. I call here, but I think it's close to a wash.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:56 PM

the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] are pretty clean in my book, i think the tens probably are too in this spot. i don't know about the flush and straight outs though...

anybody come up with a decent number of outs on the turn here? and could you explain?
Old 03-04-2005, 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
anybody come up with a decent number of outs on the turn here? and could you explain?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-04-2005, 06:48 AM

Why no bet on the flop? A bet here should have given you a bit more information and perhaps given you a reason to act on the turn in a different way.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:50 AM

This field isn't folding, my hand isn't best, and if it is, it is super suspectible to being drawn out on. I want to peal a card off.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:55 AM

Why didn't you bet the flop?

sorry just read why! I still would have bet the flop. Some overs would fold and I know u don't want to be cr'd here, but u could easily have the best hand, here.