Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2005, 07:03 PM

Default Re: Staying at Paradise long enough for 50% bonus is proving difficult....

C
Old 03-03-2005, 07:14 PM

Default What DREW said!!! n/m

Old 03-03-2005, 07:47 PM

Default Re: Staying at Paradise long enough for 50% bonus is proving difficult

I'd say D. I didn't notice how slow it was when I first whored there for GRANNY, but coming back there for the Super Bowl bonus has just been excruciating. I play Omaha 8 to clear the bonus too so it's even more frustrating.
Old 03-03-2005, 08:05 PM

Default Re: Staying at Paradise long enough for 50% bonus is proving difficult....

10-15% is low also.Often I'll see 50 hands per hour averages in full LHE ring games at Paradise where Party's are 60-68hph...more like 15%- 20%.NLHE are also slower than Party.PokerStars has the best all-around software too bad the games suk compared to Party.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:48 PM

Played 2 tables for 20-25 minutes on my lunch break today. One table was heads up for 15 minutes. Total hands played...53.

This site's software used to be the best but they have not kept up. Every major site and half the second tier site's are better now. You'd think they'd learn a lesson from Planet but evidently not.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:14 PM

yes kdog I dont understand what happened?
Ever since they added MTT's about half ayear ago I have had variouis problems w/Paradise-mostly related to latency issues.Really annoying because I used to enjoy playing on this software and I have always appreciated how good there customer service was.

In general during times of corporate mergers(pre and post)
the target company loses it's focus bigtime...this has happened to Paradise...they have not kept pace worst of all the client has become LESS reliable.We have to remember it's not really Paradise anymore it's now owned by SportingBet PLC.But it's probable that Paradise was in negotiatiuons for this deal 6-12 months prior and stopped improving/maintaining the product up to their prior standards once they had the big bucks locked in.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:19 PM

I've been playing on an 17" IMAC since Oct 2003. Had no idea how much of a disadvantage I was at until I tried my wife's Dell D600 laptop. All I can say is WOW.

If you stick with the Mac, at Paradise especially, I would recommend turning off all the options (sounds, drinks, animation etc) in the options/help section of the lobby. As well, change the dealer chat to "summary". If you do these things you should notice a fairly dramtic increase in speed . . . or a least a lot closer to the "normal" lagginess of Paradise.

Hope this helps

busguy
Old 03-03-2005, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd say D. I didn't notice how slow it was when I first whored there for GRANNY, but coming back there for the Super Bowl bonus has just been excruciating. I play Omaha 8 to clear the bonus too so it's even more frustrating.

[/ QUOTE ]

as with all sites, players online are way up.

i have never experienced these problems, but i asked about them. i was told that they are in the process of an upgrade that will make them faster than ANY site on the internet.

if it is laggy, it won't be for long. the money behind this operation is number one behind only party and the full resources of the parent company were made available immediately.

the $300 mil plus they paid was a bargain.

Sportingbet PLC (SBT.L)
52wk Range: 39.00 - 349.00

massive wealth has been created *since* the buy. there are few things in this world that are moving faster than further investment in capacity and service. if you are having speed problems, give it a week or so. SB certainly will not squander this purchase. this purchase has made the company what it is today (share value), and the market reccomendations of those that specialize in gaming equity are all rating them a strong buy.

things are just fine in paradise. the speed issue is an easy one and they are on it.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:02 AM

I wanted to go back to Paradise for the 50% Neteller Bonus... Download, install, open Software, connect, open Table, crash...
Some sort of "Critical Program Failure". Is this a known problem for WIN98SE?

Would REALLY like to get this 50% but if i'm not able to play...hmmm...

How long to the update granny?

Thanks
Old 03-04-2005, 04:52 AM

Grannie I hope you are right!!