Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2005, 01:51 AM

Default Bet this turn? T9s on the buitton

So MP3 is pretty damn loose preflop - around 60%, but he can lay a hand down post flop. MP1 is an average party 2/4 player. A little loose, a little passive but will wake up when he gets a good hand, and doesn't call down with total trash.

I read a post the other day where NateThaGreat was doing some talking of raising with strong suited connectors when in good position. This is one of my first dabblances with it.

So, does anyone keep the pressure on and semi-bluff the turn? I figured some of my outs were lame, so I held off. Any other ideas?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: GreatestAmericanHero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">GreatestAmericanHero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">GreatestAmericanHero bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, MP3 checks, GreatestAmericanHero checks.

River: (6.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">GreatestAmericanHero bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

Regards,
-Brian
Old 03-04-2005, 02:36 AM

Default Re: Bet this turn? T9s on the buitton

I think this is fine.

Since four people saw the flop with you (so there's a good chance someone caught something) and you have outs you'd like to chase even if you get checkraised (but would rather not pay two big bets to chase), I think the turn is a good time to check with outs and draw for free.
Old 03-04-2005, 02:51 AM

Now a preflop raise isn't the best thing here for representing top pair, but isn't that a good semibluff card nevertheless?
Old 03-04-2005, 02:58 AM

Hand looks standard dude. Sometimes I'll bet the turn but it depends on my opponents and what I think they'll call a flop bet with.

Rob
Old 03-04-2005, 03:20 AM

Cool beans. Thanks, y'all.

Regards,
-B