Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2005, 04:20 PM

Default Re: Why are people so cheap?

[ QUOTE ]
"Sorry, with these car bills I'm a little lighter than I thought, I can only give you $950 in return for absolutely nothing."

[/ QUOTE ]

Then go on the trip yourself because I have no way to come up with the other $50.

You wanted me to go on the trip, which I said I could not without an extra $1k.

Since it wasn't your fault and you're no longer capable of coming up with the money as easily as you thought, you're not an ass, but you did violate the agreement.

~D
Old 03-03-2005, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
get the facts str8 before you become a hitler...jeez.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thread over, you lose. Do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that he's childish and really doesn't even understand the way he should be looking at the problem.

Indeed, it took much filtering to get to what appears to be the actual situation.

~D
Old 03-03-2005, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I agree that he's childish and really doesn't even understand the way he should be looking at the problem.

Indeed, it took much filtering to get to what appears to be the actual situation.

~D

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct on all counts. I think that you are trying to approach the problem from a viewpoint that OP isn't aware of on any level. I would say that both OP and friend don't have much in the way of personal integrity, and that just shines through with every response.
Old 03-03-2005, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This isn't necessarily the case of him being ungrateful. It reads like a contract violation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the OP's main question was: Why are people so cheap?

Contract violation or not, this doesn't have anything to do with cheap. Untrustworthy, sure... but cheap? No.

Now, if the OP asked: Why are people so untrustworthy? Then, he'd have a lot more to work with in defending his position. But, he didn't. So, he doesn't.

-RMJ
Old 03-03-2005, 07:46 PM

Thid entire thread is priceless. Duke, you are exactly right. The friend changed the deal. OP you can back out if you can't (or don't want to) make up the $177 difference. But, LIKE MOST THINGS IN LIFE, this one is all about how you go about doing the things you choose to do.
Wontons, if you really feel slighted by your friend, then talk to him about it. You're friends. You'll work out whatever misunderstanding occurred. Complaining and calling your friend "cheap" will do nothing but put further strain on your relationship. There isn't much else to say. Don't be a prick about it. Be a person and explain yourself.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hence, entitling you to a chunk of it. Boy are you messed up. He doesn't owe you a goddamn thing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-03-2005, 11:49 PM

Ever since I started playing poker three years ago, my friends have been asking for money/favors. "C'mon it's only three dollars that's a small blind to you."
"C'mon not like you earn it"
"C'mon you have so much"

Until recently I started to feel bad about not helping friends out. Figuring they were right and that I should be generous and charitable with them at all nights. But then it got to be too much. And as soon as I stopped taking my friends out to eat when I won big or as soon as I stopped buying lavish gifts for my friends/family on unrelated days, I realized that they're still there. And that my good friends are friends with me regardless of my financial situation. i am not cheap, I am quite generous, but that does not mean I have to give you 10 cents if I think you're being a jerk and greeedy about it.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:48 AM

WHAT I'LL TAKE THE $2000 YOU BABY
Old 03-04-2005, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay so my rich friend said he'd pay for a 3,577 dollar trip if i put in 1400 he'd put in the rest..he has over 20k in his personal account and his dad is ridulously rich...now his telling me his giving me 2k and i have to pay for the rest...he says he doesnt want to be a used car sales man or some crap...but heres the thing i said i am only going on this trip if it cost 1,400 and now his screwing me over for this 177 after i charged the whole amount....what is it about people....am i missing vsomething...lesson to be had...you cant even believe your best friend? I know this doesnt have to do with poker but wow people really suck anyone else agree...disagree?

[/ QUOTE ]

are you always a whiney bitch when someone gives you money?
Old 03-04-2005, 04:39 AM

Default your all idiots and heres why...

okay half of you think my friend is giving me 2k that is not right...the trip cost 1750 per person. I said i only wanted to go if it was 1400...my friend said not a problem i will pay for the rest...then he backed out...this is what the post was about...i didnt want to go on the trip but my friend wanted to more than anything in the world...i was saying he is being a cheap bastard and an ass hole for backing out...end of thread.