Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2005, 05:02 PM

Default Poker Tracker auto-rate criteria for NL

I'm new to poker tracker and am kinda at a loss for how I should setup the criteria for low-limit 10 person NL. I've been fiddling with it, and just cant seem to get a good setup. Is there anyone willing to share there auto-rate settings for this kind of play?
Old 03-03-2005, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Poker Tracker auto-rate criteria for NL

http://www.pokertracker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2237

That should help.
Old 03-03-2005, 05:46 PM

I've been using NL Auto rate rules (which is actually part 2A from the above link).

Who else uses these rules? Do you fall into the TA-A category? After 3,000 hands (small sample, I know) I've fallen into the TP-A category. The only thing that is stopping me from being TA-A is my PFR%. Right now my VPIP is about 19%, Aggression Factor is like 1.8, and PFR is about 5.5%.

To qualify for TA-A PFR% must be > 7%. So based on these stats, what additional hands should I be raising with to get my PFR% up?

Sorry for minor hijack.

KoW
Old 03-03-2005, 06:10 PM

Thank you so much! What a great site, it will definatly help me get started. Again, much appreciated.
Old 03-03-2005, 06:42 PM

I have the exact same situation. TP-A. Don't add hands to get it higher. You shouldn't change your play to get different stats, you should change your play because you have identified leaks in your game.

What I have been looking at in my game because my PFR% is lower than others is reraising. I try to analyze situtions where I just call a raise pf and why I didn't reraise. Again, not get my % up, but because I may not reraise as much as I should.

JKratzer
Old 03-03-2005, 07:13 PM

Certainly you are correct... I don't want to increase my PFR% just so I can see a new icon on my autorate [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I guess my assumption was that being too passive preflop is a leak in my game.

So for those who do have a > 7% PFR%, do you feel there are common situations you are benefiting from the additional PFR that I could be overlooking by only raising 5% of the time?

[ QUOTE ]
Again, not get my % up, but because I may not reraise as much as I should.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is definitely me as well. I think one situation I may be missing out on is re-raising with AK. I virtually never do it, especially when OOP. I generally don't re-raise with QQ or JJ either. Weak-tight? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

KoW