Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2005, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Any Feasible way of Protecting

[ QUOTE ]
When it came up 3 suited against that many players and I didn't have one of the suit, I thought there was a reasonable chance I was already beat and would need to draw a full house. I decided to check (with the option of check raising) after seeing the action. I felt sure someone would bet.

The action was so heavy after me, I felt more certain someone already had the flush and I didn't know the probablity of getting the full house from there off the top of my head. So I let the chance to raise pass.

What are the odds of the Full House post flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

People go apeshit on monotone flops, even without the flush (often, especially without the flush). With 5 players, a strong draw if you're behind, and a strong hand if you're ahead, capping is going to be +EV. Stop fearing monsters.

Rob
Old 03-03-2005, 04:08 PM

i'll be nice its 7outs on the turn, 10 on the river(counting the case A as an out)

5.7/1 for the turn
3.6/1 against on the river

I'm not too good at figuring out the combined but its in the range of 30-40% range for by the river
Old 03-03-2005, 04:09 PM

Let me ask you something - if you had had AK[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and the flop came A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], would you have check-called the flop too?
Old 03-03-2005, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This flopped should've been capped somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I read this hand Corectly you had correct odds to Cap the Flop and Raise the trun. If Trun was 3 bet you still have 10 outs (I hope I counted right) with 46 unknow cards. You also have around 20BB in the pot so 2 BB or even 3 bb still gives odds right?
Old 03-03-2005, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This flopped should've been capped somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I read this hand Corectly you had correct odds to Cap the Flop and Raise the trun. If Trun was 3 bet you still have 10 outs (I hope I counted right) with 46 unknow cards. You also have around 20BB in the pot so 2 BB or even 3 bb still gives odds right?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have 10 outs against the flush. If you knew you were up against the flush, check/calling the turn is the way to go.
Old 03-03-2005, 04:15 PM

>how many turn cards are there? how many give you a full house?<

6 of 47 for a FH plus 1 Ace for 4 of a kind.

>if you miss:
how many river cards are there? how many give you a full house? <

9 of 46 + 1

Around 36%-37% for FH or F of a K

I have no problem with the criticism. I see that I missed the value bet. The problem was that I didn't know the odds off the top of my head. Last time.
Old 03-03-2005, 04:18 PM

I always bet for value when it's there even if I think I am behind. The problem was strictly a matter of not knowing the probability of winning with the FH if I was behind and the strong feeling that someone already had the flush based on the texture of play prior.
Old 03-03-2005, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I always bet for value when it's there even if I think I am behind. The problem was strictly a matter of not knowing the probability of winning with the FH if I was behind and the strong feeling that someone already had the flush based on the texture of play prior.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the thing I learned at this forum is if post jsut the hand your going to get what is the correct play for Vaule on the hand.

You did not include any type of read on the players so we can not use that information.

Brings up good side note. How do you get feel for table when multi tableing? I can see playing 4 or more tables for Vaule but can realy get figure out what type of players you are playing unless you have massive stats on them?

PLayed 3 tables last night 1st time. (Like to play 2) At mid size site with very fast software . (PArty seems slower) Had very hard time fellowing every hand and even noticing when new players sat down.
Old 03-03-2005, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stop fearing monsters.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I thought this was worth saying again. This used to bite me in the ass.
Old 03-03-2005, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Brings up good side note. How do you get feel for table when multi tableing? I can see playing 4 or more tables for Vaule but can realy get figure out what type of players you are playing unless you have massive stats on them?

[/ QUOTE ]

The current 2+2 magazine has an article which addresses exactly this point, or, more the point, the fact you maybe don't need to.

http://www.twoplustwo.com/magazine/c...erson0305.html