Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2005, 11:40 PM

Default *OFFICIAL* HORSE WED NIGHT THREAD

ahah so yea i busted out 128th, in the stud 7 hi. how exactly?

i thought we were playing razz still and pushed my hand pretty hard agaisnt a pair of aces. and then i am later informed we were playing stud hi.

the sad part? he had me beat on the low anyways. ahhaahah.

HORSE is fun. though i have no clue how to play razz and i'm a complete nit at O/8.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:05 AM

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* HORSE WED NIGHT THREAD

Just call me the "Presto Killer". About the 4th hand of the tourney, I'm dealt KK UTG. Raise of course, get a few callers. Flop a set & slowplay. turn is a 5, a guy starts jamming and we cap on both turn and river. He has the RGP magic hand 55 for the underset. I'm briefly chip leader.

At first break, I'm 30th of 91 with about 2800. The holdem and omaha rounds have been my good rounds; RSE has been a bunch of holding because I get KKQ in razz and 542 in stud hi and Q96 in hilo.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i thought we were playing razz

[/ QUOTE ]

Similar story. I threw away three or four hands thinking we were playing Stud when it was actually Razz. Looked back at the hands; no damage.

I don’t know if I would like to see them display the current game more prominently or not. The way it is now, those who are paying attention get that edge over those who aren’t.

I’ve looked at the sight a little bit before and signed up tonight to play the HORSE tourney.

My opinion, FWIT:

The software is smooth and fast but I just don’t get the attraction poker sites have for cartoonish 1980's style avatar graphics.

For the HORSE tournament starting stack was 1500, game started at 30/60, level change every 9 minutes – way too fast for my taste, particularly since it was played on 8 seat tables, meaning that most of the time was spent with only 7 players actually at the table – you gotta play or get blinded to death fast ... and having a bunch of rgp maniacs and calling stations in the game made it very tough to “play” ... I lasted down to four tables of the original 18 but never had a comfortable stack at any time.

The ring games I peeked at didn’t look at all attractive; all small pots and low % so I didn’t bother.

The hand histories show in a graphic format, so no PokerTracker stuff gonna work on this site.

All in all, the site is ok (intentionally not capitalized) but nothing special. It looks to me like they have made some conscious decisions to try to keep the tight PT-using multi-tablers away and to encourage loose aggressive “as seen on TV” type play, but to my mind the stats on the ring games seem to say it isn’t working.

I hope they tweak the format of the HORSE games. That would keep me around, but as it is, there is just not enough “play” in the game.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:29 AM

My first H.O.R.S.E. tourney, took 11th. Was in the top 3 for awhile, took the bad end of a race in a stud round, and scrambled to get into the second round of the money. My Buddy is currently chip leader. Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned it to him.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:47 AM

Busted 13th [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Stayed in top 5 or so for the 1st couple of hours then cards went frigid. Missed a couple of draws and had 2nd best hand a couple times so I was toast. I love the format with exception of the blind structure. It turns into a crap shoot at the end. For example, I was in top 5 and the blinds where 15% of my stack which made it tough to play a draw game like Razz. Anyway, hope the format improves b/c I would really like to ply some of these.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:50 AM

I busted 28th. Top 16 paid. FellKnight (a very active RGP poster) was at my table for most of the tourney and was playing very well and had a lot of chips.

Then the 3rd go-around of razz, the "bubonic plague" of poker. I'm short-stacked at this point and I'm looking for 3 good starting cards to commit myself to.

Fell takes a horrible beat where 6432A loses to some guy catching a wheel (on 7th street, I think) and takes a big hit. Very next hand, the same two guys are involved, raising on 3rd. I've got three cards to a six, so it's go time. I brick on 4th and they both catch good, but the pot is huge and I've only got like 300 left (not even a big bet), so I chuck it in and pray. My prayers are answered by making queens up [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Fell gets knocked out on the same hand as the same guy kills his six with ANOTHER wheel. Wow, that's just horrible luck for FellKnight.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:49 AM

I was on FellKnights table when that happened. I'm not sure if the guy caught the wheel on 7th, because FTP scrambles the hole cards automatically. However it wouldn't surprise me because that guy was somewhat loose. He won the whole thing, despite a 3-1 chip deficit in the final two. Even though he was loose, he played his hands aggressively, and caught well (against me in Stud as well, which knocked me from final table contention, and I had to hold on for 11.) I had a great time though, can't wait to play again.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:16 PM

Default What tab was it on in Full Tilt?

I could not find the tournament...
Old 03-03-2005, 12:46 PM

Default Re: What tab was it on in Full Tilt?

[ QUOTE ]
I could not find the tournament...

[/ QUOTE ]

When you click the tournament tab, on the bottom there should be a "Private" tab and a list of private tournaments will show up. You can play today if you'd like as a 5 dollar HORSE is scheduled.
Old 03-03-2005, 03:21 PM

Damn Tom....I came in to your table really fast to wish you luck. Guess it didn't help...but then again...it was Razz. I think I am one of the few people on this forum that likes Razz..... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]