Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2002, 04:58 AM

Default Re: 10-20: A questionable TT hand

It sure is glen.

The turn card should have been T [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] . Thanks for pointing out the error Mano.
Old 12-13-2002, 06:21 AM

you have lost no question. It's over, it sucks but this pot is no longer yours you have no chance.
CALL
although, i could see folding, because you get to see his cards anyway. But you would never forgive yourself if that guy was bluffing the flush, and the flopped 2 pair (or whatever the other guy had) called him and you didn't.
Old 12-13-2002, 08:34 AM

You do not lay down here. Period. EP's call means nothing to me here given JTG's read. And a set should VERY RARELY be laid down for one bet on the river, in a pot this size, with an obvious scare card. As a wise poster once said, "try and find excuses to fold early, and find excuses to call late". As another one said, "you don't win money in limit hold em by making great laydowns on the river".

Perhaps I'm acutely aware of this b/c of something that happened to me last night. I open raise in MP with AJ, one late cold caller, SB calls. Three to the flop of J103, two diamonds. I bet, both call.

Turn- K. I bet, both call.

River- A of diamonds. Board is J103KA, three diamonds, both have been calling the whole way. SB bets, I confidently muck, and late guy calls. SB has 10K (?) and late has a WEAK ace. Was I kicking myself? Yes. I'm not saying I wouldn't lay it down again under similar circumstances, but people can always surprise you.

Leon
Old 12-13-2002, 10:47 AM

I agree, you are getting 12x1 odds, you have to make a crying call here. The real problem I have with the whole hand is I can't believe our hero raised the flop. You are getting yourself into bad positions raising middle pairs when there is a two flush, an over card, and a coordinated board (which if someone has JT your down to one out not two).
Old 12-13-2002, 01:55 PM

It's funny, you say I have "no chance" but still say to call. That's kind of how I felt at the time.
Old 12-13-2002, 01:57 PM

I'm surprised you are the first one to comment on the flop play, since I thought it was questionable also. I thought the flop and river decisions were equally questionable.
Old 12-13-2002, 02:34 PM

My only question, is what's questionable about the hand? You can't like the river, but you've gotta love closing the action. This is a little trickier if you're in the middle, but 1 BB for a set isn't much to pay.

My suggestion: Call time. While thinking, call service and order a sick-bag and a glass of water. Then make the river call. I hope you won.
Old 12-14-2002, 01:36 PM

Default Results

As everyone guessed, SB made a flush. She had J [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] .

EP had JJ. I put in 5 bets while way behind, sucked out, then got sucked out on.
Old 12-14-2002, 07:28 PM

I think your raise on the flop is O.K. here, since you reraised before the flop and are representing a big hand.It is likely to give you a free card after the turn if you wind up needing it.Besides, a lot of opponents will bet right into you on the flop with any draw, any pair, or even with overcards to try to make you flinch.
As for the call on the end, it is a no brainer. The only way you could lay down a set here would be if there were FOUR clubs on the board.