Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2005, 01:23 PM

Default Re: Guess the hands...Stop-n-Go-n-Stop-n-Go

[ QUOTE ]
He has AQ or KQs. There is not enough info to put you on a hand. Your range would be what Sthief said, but with no reads, I would raise the river with AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]
Again, I think limiting the opponent to this range simply because he didn't cap preflop is a mistake. And it's the exact reason that many players won't cap with premium hands in heads-up situations. If it weren't heads-up I would agree.
Old 03-02-2005, 01:24 PM

Ah...I guess KK would be more likely than AA or QQ if Villain holds AQ
Old 03-02-2005, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He has AQ or KQs. There is not enough info to put you on a hand. Your range would be what Sthief said, but with no reads, I would raise the river with AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]
Again, I think limiting the opponent to this range simply because he didn't cap preflop is a mistake. And it's the exact reason that many players won't cap with premium hands in heads-up situations. If it weren't heads-up I would agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not put him on these hands based on his pre-flop play only. The fact that he just called the turn and then took one more shot at the pot on the river, IMO, show some weakness. With a stonger non flush hand, even if he puts hero on a flush, he would just check-call the river.

Taking one more shot on the river often means: "I liked my hand on the flop, but now I don't want you to call"

Of course, since there is no read, we assume opponent is neither a total moron, nor a very solid player.
Old 03-02-2005, 01:40 PM

My guess - you have Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Qx, he has AQ/maybe AKo

-d
Old 03-02-2005, 01:55 PM

Default Thank You For Playing

[ QUOTE ]
First orbit, so no reads.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with ??. MP2 posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: (9.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Villian had me totally confused here. I had no intention of slowing down after the flop smooth call. The stop-n-go made me mad. I thought I had the best hand. I was wrong. I had A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Villain had QQ. IMO he played this hand like a fool, and his later play indicated that he was indeed a moron. He could have gotten another bet or 2 out of me.
Old 03-02-2005, 02:07 PM

Default Re: Thank You For Playing

[ QUOTE ]
I was wrong. I had A K . Villain had QQ. IMO he played this hand like a fool, and his later play indicated that he was indeed a moron. He could have gotten another bet or 2 out of me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Intersting post, thanks.

He misplayed preflop, the turn and the river. You gained [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-02-2005, 03:47 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: Thank You For Playing

I vin!
Old 03-02-2005, 03:48 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you have QQ, he has AK or vice versa.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't he 3-bet pre with either of those holdings?

[/ QUOTE ]

sneaky bastard [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-02-2005, 03:54 PM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!

[ QUOTE ]
either of you could have any range of AK, AA, KK, QQ, AQ (though I don't think you should raise the river with AQ)

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant. [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 03-02-2005, 03:55 PM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!

Guess I'm just bitter I was wrong.