Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2005, 02:30 AM

Default Re: Sister\'s hand

Hi Yugoslavian! Thanks for the thoughts. What is your handle on partypoker? Which buy-ins do you play? Did you watch curtains' stellar performance last night? I'm going to post another interesting hand i had in a separate thread.
Old 03-02-2005, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Yugoslavian! Thanks for the thoughts. What is your handle on partypoker? Which buy-ins do you play? Did you watch curtains' stellar performance last night? I'm going to post another interesting hand i had in a separate thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

My handle on Empire (where I play STTs) is TheYugoslav. I play $33 STTs at the moment.

I've watched your brother play in a couple of those big MTTs for a while and I felt he played very well (FWIW much better than I would play).

You wouldn't have a chance of remembering me but I met you and your brother at the US Open on the big island of Hawaii a few years ago. I was like the only high school person there not playing in the Denker, [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]. If I remember correctly, you finished ahead of curtains in the tournament, [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

Anyway, welcome to the forum.....I'm sure you'll get much less grief here than your brother!

Yugoslav
(who just loves a good pwn3d curtains thread)
Old 03-02-2005, 04:34 AM

i'm a little confused by the gushing responses. i don't like the bet on the river. i think you have too much hand. i suppose it's possible that he folds a 6 or an A-rag chop. most likely you had the best hand. if you are putting him on a 6 or some small pair, i think you need to bet it all to move him off it. but checking is best.
Old 03-02-2005, 05:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm a little confused by the gushing responses. i don't like the bet on the river. i think you have too much hand. i suppose it's possible that he folds a 6 or an A-rag chop. most likely you had the best hand. if you are putting him on a 6 or some small pair, i think you need to bet it all to move him off it. but checking is best.

[/ QUOTE ]

She had to bet, because she cannot call any of his bets, as for betting his whole stack, that is what she accomplished by her bet. That is why I said earlier, 700 is enough, because in his eyes, that is the same as betting his whole stack.
Old 03-02-2005, 05:47 AM

She cannot call any of his bets? Isn't she last to act after he checked.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:09 AM

You are right, i misread the hh, she didn't need to bet the river.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She had to bet, because she cannot call any of his bets, as for betting his whole stack, that is what she accomplished by her bet. That is why I said earlier, 700 is enough, because in his eyes, that is the same as betting his whole stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably true for the better players you play against, but I would say that for 90% of the $22 players I play with, if someone bets half their stack, in their eyes it is NOT the same as if they bet their whole stack.