Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2002, 10:11 AM

Default mid-january vegas trip

Heading to Vegas mid January, Thursday noon til Sunday afternoon. Staying at the Mirage. I've only played in 2 rooms in Vegas - Mirage and Bellagio. I play 10-20 to 20-40. Going with the wife, so I've already established that I can play about 20 hours during this trip. Suggestions to get the best use of my time? Do other rooms have decent games at this level? As I said, I've never seen any of the other card rooms in Vegas, but my impression is that most of them only spread lower limits.
Thanks for any info you have.
Old 12-12-2002, 04:10 PM

Default Re: mid-january vegas trip

would people direct me to other cardrooms if I told them that I typically lose between $1500 - $2500 during a trip like this. I like to play a lot of hands - you want me in your game. Now, where should I play?
Old 12-12-2002, 04:46 PM

Definitely the Mirage 10-20 on the dayshift then. If you drop 3 or 4 racks there, you might see 2 or 3 locals die of head explosions from all the action and overexcitement. Tip redbirds and watch them look at each other envious of the dealer and hating you. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] And maybe you get to see Pokerbabe if she's not in Hawaii. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2002, 05:30 PM

Come to the Mirage I'll be there.Look me up.{Herb N.} I look stupid ,I play stupid[thats what they tell me when I win a pot]BUT AM I LUCKY! [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]