Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2005, 03:35 PM

Default Re: PP against 1 over OOP.

On that board, you bet out. You don't want to check it around because the King serves as a scare card (You raised in the BB, so you can easily represent King/strong kicker) or the others might be trying to get a free card on a flush draw. If you're called, you can put someone on a King and can still easily get away from the hand. Personally, I liked the way you played the hand. Don't get too fancy with your play on those tables.
Old 03-01-2005, 03:48 PM

The only flaw with your thinking is that it is a drawless board. I like to follow up my bets, but I'm a bit more hesitant on a board with draws because I will not gain any information with my bet.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:30 PM

And checking provides you with what information? I'd much rather make someone pay for their draws, then give away free cards. That's the biggest mistake you can probably make in poker.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:37 PM

Checking with a hand I have no intention of keeping. If they hit their flush, so be it. I'm saying that against your average online player (a calling station), not only is there a large chance you're beat, but there's also the chance you will get outdrawn. Just give up on the hand, it's not really worth that much.
Old 03-01-2005, 06:11 PM

I completely understand and agree with what you're saying. But you can't just sit back and wait for the nuts and expect to make money playing poker. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]