Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2005, 10:47 AM

Default Re: Biggest celebrity in your ring game?

it wasn't my ring game, it was 20/40 stud, but Kirby Puckett came out to Canterbury one night to play.

This was after his beloved retirement but before the rape charges, so he was pretty dope - but even then he was looking bigger then you'd think.

I think Erik Palladino played in my little $540 Bellagio tourney in Vegas...but not at my table either...

RB
Old 03-01-2005, 11:05 AM

Michael Ian Black playing 2-5NL at HPC last summer.
Old 03-01-2005, 11:15 AM

Default IF craps counts....

I was in the Bahamas at Atlantis when Jordan's celebrity golf tournament was going on. Jud Nelson almost walked through my wife on our way to the crap table (he was high as a kite). Dr. J was very polite and returned pleasantries......and even after I told Ron Harper he should stick to basketball while he was on the dance floor, he seemed to forget that while we were rolling craps together a half hour later. Funny thing was we were both playing $10-$25 bets on the line........while some big tourist was being told "Sir, $3,000 is the limit for that bet."......I was just hoping for one good roll so the guy would "throw me a bone" for what I could win him.

As far as MJ....... didn't have the roll to get past the velvet rope that was keeping wannabees away from his black table. If I had the chance again, I'd throw down $2,000 (buy in not bet) to sit with him.....maybe I win big AND have a story......maybe I just tread water long enough to gracefully say......"I think the craps table is callig me."
Old 03-01-2005, 11:16 AM

I played with Michael Ian Black a bunch of times at a local poker club. He is not nearly as funny as he is on Celebrity Poker Showdown. In fact he has yet to even crack a joke. Doesn't say much at all...
Old 03-01-2005, 11:22 AM

I think Jerome James said that he player at the Muckleshoot in Seattle normally. He was playing in Milwaukee the evening before the Bucks game.
Old 03-01-2005, 12:13 PM

Default Oral Hersheiser and Paul Prudhomme

I played with Oral Hersheiser at the Bellagio. He played pretty well, but decided that he wasn't good enough for the level (15-30) and left after 40 minutes or so.

I also recently played with Chef Paul Prudhomme in New Orleans. He was loose and aggressive and very lucky. He was an absolute gentleman to play with and seemed to be well known to the regulars.

I also played with Spencer Christian who is a weather man on one of the big channels. He was a good player but I ran over him all night. I was a big loser, but if not for him I would have busted out. What a good sport.
Old 03-01-2005, 12:28 PM

Mark Williams. He played a £10 rebuy at Cardiff then the PL cash game afterwards.
Old 03-01-2005, 12:29 PM

Default Re: Oral Hersheiser and Paul Prudhomme

I played with Robert Williamson III in a 500 entry fee NL tourney with rebuys. He rebought about 5 times in the first hour. I had him all-in with 59 d against my pocket Aces. He caught an 8 on the river for an inside straight.

He gave me the same line he gave Chau Giang "I'm sorry it was you but I'm glad it was me"

One of the nicest guys I've ever met.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
affleck in the bellagio friday tour, directly to my left. that fool looks like he could be a pro athlete. not much of an actor, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Statements like this about one of our generation's top actors... Who looks foolish now?

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com <---- Ben Affleck won 2004 Actor of the Year
Old 03-01-2005, 01:57 PM

Pat Riley plays 4/8?

I have played with God.

aka SpicyF.