Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2005, 05:53 AM

Default How should I have played this QQ?

No real reads, they all seem fairly loose and not overly aggressive though.

I'm pretty sure I played this too passively. What would you reccomend I have done instead? I'm thinking three-bet the flop and check/fold the turn UI if it gets capped. If it doesn't get capped leading the turn and folding to a raise (unless I pick up my BDFD).

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, SB calls, Hero folds.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:57 AM

Default Re: How should I have played this QQ?

"I'm pretty sure I played this too passively. What would you reccomend I have done instead? I'm thinking three-bet the flop and check/fold the turn UI if it gets capped. If it doesn't get capped leading the turn and folding to a raise (unless I pick up my BDFD). "

Is what I'd probably do. Though I wouldn't consider how you actaully played it to be all that bad given the board and the action.
Old 03-01-2005, 06:47 AM

No, you played it fine. Jacks are right there in the limping zone, and with a raise and two cold callers you can be fairly certain you're beat. No reason to three bet, it's just going to get capped.
Old 03-01-2005, 06:51 AM

There are two cold callers and a raise. I think you played it perfect. It's unlikely that everyone is playing the draw or pocket pair or the 4.