Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2005, 08:32 PM

Default Re: UB 25-50 hand vs GoG

Hero is calling out of position with pot odds of 2.4:1 and implied odds of 4.4:1. I think there's a good chance that Hero doesn't get paid off by a flush if the river pairs the board. Or at least I probably wouldn't pay off with a flush after this action, even getting 2.7:1.

??
Old 02-28-2005, 09:02 PM

Default I missed the 3 clubs when read the post.........

.........I'd fold.
Old 02-28-2005, 09:39 PM

Default Re: I missed the 3 clubs when read the post.........

I think GoG is very capable of limping here with suited connectors etc.. so a flush or straight isn't ruled out.

Painful, but I like the fold
Old 02-28-2005, 10:41 PM

Personally I think you probably folded the winner. If you call the turn you know you are probably going to have to call an all in river bet. So its either fold or go all the way. Seems more likely to me that he has an A and a high club. GOG will bet his whole stack with nothing so you tell me how can you play it.
Against him I think you layed down a big hand.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:16 AM

you never define your hand in the slightest to GoG, this makes it more likely you folded the winner...

however that aside, what is the reasoning for the line of check calling the turn and then folding when you dont fill?
do you really think GoG is paying off is he has the straight or flush? seems unlikely to me. also, why didnt you lead the turn, then you make it harder for him to take the pot away from you. he completely has initiative here, and there is no attempt to take control, how can you have any accurate info playing that way.

feedback welcome
Old 03-01-2005, 10:02 AM

What kind of hand does villian limp and call a reraise with? What kind of hand does villian limp, call a raise, and then call almost a pot sized bet with on the flop?

The only hands that seem to make sense here are 4,4 or A,xs or A,5s.

He also bet into the late player on the turn which means there is less chance he is bluffing than if he was against you heads up.

Without knowing more I would have folded the turn.
Old 03-01-2005, 03:04 PM

bet harder on the flop. put gog to a tough decision right there. i love betting my sets hard, into strength, on a draw heavy board. it incites your opponent into doing something he maybe shouldn't.

your flop bet prices in his flush draw given the stack sizes.

barring that, i suppose you should lead out on the turn and get him to define his hand there. another 2/3 size pot bet, folding to an all-in re-raise (i guess).
Old 03-02-2005, 05:32 PM

i wasnt online for a couple days so here is my delayed response to a couple of the points people brought up.

- i thought two pair was one of his less likely hands. the most logical 2 pair hand would be Axs. i didnt think he was that likely to have called a decent raise from a relatively tight player pre-flop with such a hand. i certainly could have been wrong about this but this is how i was looking at it. if i thought 2 pair was more reasonable based on the pre-flop action i would have been much more likely to see a showdown. 2 pair is a good example of a decent hand that he may well think is best which i beat. if you remove 2 pair from his possible hands how would this change your assesment of the hand? without 2 pair in his range of possible hands i couldnt think of any hand he would value bet that i beat and i couldnt think of any hand that he would call the flop with and now feel it was worth bluffing with.

2) on the turn i thought his potential hands were flush, set, AK. when i called the turn it was with the thought that i might fill and pass a flush and that he might have AK and check the river. the turn call was based on the combo of the possibility that i could fill and that the river might get checked down with me winning. the call may still have been a mistake but the possibility of it getting checked through and me having the best hand is worth something. maybe its not worth a ton and maybe its not worth enough for me to call but i think its wrong to totally overlook this possibility. one other negative to the turn call is that if he has a set its higher than mine and the board pairing just causes me to lose the rest of my money.