Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2005, 03:35 PM

Default Airport runs in Vegas

Alright, so let's say I'm going to Vegas this weekend and I'll be the first of my buddies to get into town. I'll be playing at the Bellagio. Would I be able to make it from my seat at the table to my car in the parking lot/structure, to the airport and back to my seat in time so that they won't pick me up and I lose my seat in my game?

How much time will they give me at the Bellagio and how long does it take to make this airport run, assuming my buddies are waiting for me on the curb when I get to the airport?
Old 02-28-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Airport runs in Vegas

This is a really silly question, unless your friends are either 1) disabled or 2) so dim witted they don't know how to function in the real world.

Your buddies need to pull the cork out of their collective asses and spend $18 (including tip) for a cab fare from the airport to the Bellagio.

You will make more money at the table then your buddies would save in picking them up.

(Please note this is a tongue-in-cheek post). [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-28-2005, 03:59 PM

I think the trip would take to long and you would have your chips picked up. If your worried about getting picked up I would advise you to have your buddies take a cab or grab a shuttle.
Old 02-28-2005, 04:07 PM

There's no Bellagio shuttle to the airport and I know cab fare isn't that big a deal. Let's just stick with this, even if it's for fun - call it a challenge. It seems to me that you should be able to make the round trip in 15-20 minutes once you're in your car. Google Maps agrees with me - it says 7 minutes one way. Add a couple minutes for lights/traffic (assuming non-terrible traffic) and 12.3 seconds for buddies to get into the car. Am I off on this? If it's 20 minutes, then that leaves 5 minutes each way from the table to the car if they give you half an hour and 12.5 minutes if they give you 45 minutes before picking up. Who can tell me how much time you get?
Old 02-28-2005, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's no Bellagio shuttle to the airport and I know cab fare isn't that big a deal. Let's just stick with this, even if it's for fun - call it a challenge. It seems to me that you should be able to make the round trip in 15-20 minutes once you're in your car. Google Maps agrees with me - it says 7 minutes one way. Add a couple minutes for lights/traffic (assuming non-terrible traffic) and 12.3 seconds for buddies to get into the car. Am I off on this? If it's 20 minutes, then that leaves 5 minutes each way from the table to the car if they give you half an hour and 12.5 minutes if they give you 45 minutes before picking up. Who can tell me how much time you get?

[/ QUOTE ]

You get an out button when a new dealer sits down and you are gone. I believe you get 15 minutes after your second out button before they pick you up.
Old 02-28-2005, 04:22 PM

I think you are being optimistic.

First big variable is time of day...this is going to matter.

Also, you assume your friends are already at the airport, bags in hand, waiting for you to pick them up. if this is not the case, your time will skyrocket. you know your buddies will claim they are "waiting for you on the curb", but they'll be lying, and you'll have to wait for them.

I've only done that cab ride a few times, but I think it's more like 10-15 minutes, once you are in the cab (granted, those were Thursday nights).

I want to say Bellagio gives you an hour of absentee time. it was enough time for me to go to the Chinese restaurant down the hall, and eat a non-hurried meal consisting of hot and sour soup and lo mein. so that was more than 30 minutes, probably 45.
Old 02-28-2005, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You get an out button when a new dealer sits down and you are gone. I believe you get 15 minutes after your second out button before they pick you up.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you wait until a new dealer sits down, then play a hand and leave. 30 mins till next dealer and first button. 30 more minutes until dealer after that and second "gone button". 15 more minutes gives you roughly an hr and 15 mins.

Traffic very time/day-of-the-week dependent. But you aren't going too far.
Old 02-28-2005, 04:39 PM

Im not sure it could be done? Took us a while to get from the mirage to airport? Then again I am a slow walker, and we parked in valet. So that took about 5 to get the car.
Old 02-28-2005, 04:49 PM

Alright, let's clear up a few variables. Let's say I can count on my buddies to be on the curb and the time of day is something like 1:30-2:30pm.

Does anybody actually know for sure how much time you get at Bellagio? I've heard everything from 15 to 75 minutes now. I'm thinking it's probably 45 minutes plus or minus for good timing with dealer changes.
Old 02-28-2005, 04:52 PM

I was just there, its two absent buttons, three on busy weekends.