Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2005, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Too loose?

Checkraising the flop seems to put me in a crappy situation on the turn where I am vulnerable to a raise on the turn. I dont want to take control of the hand and spew chips with only top pair considering the action preflop. At the same time I am not comfortable with my somewhat passive call down play; I expected to see something like QQ or KK when I called down.

Thanks so far for the advice.
Old 02-28-2005, 02:56 PM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!
Default Re: Too loose?

[ QUOTE ]
by the time I posted I forgot about the third player in on the flop. that's the best reason for leading the flop, I think. you want him to get raised out.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a reason, but not the only one.

[ QUOTE ]

now if it were heads up v. the button on the flop, I still might lead with the intention of three-betting. comparing this to check-raising, you gain and lose bets and half bets depending on whether he is going to fold to your turn bet, and whether you are behind the whole way. it may be a toss up, but I'm not sure and have to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

c/ring this HU is also a bad idea though not quite as bad as doing it with the button still in. Opponent will likely see the river with two overcards b/c of the pot size so you can't protect your hand in any way HU. The best line will involve losing the least when behind and gaining the most here when ahead. Something along the lines of check-call, check-call, check-call (or bet the river and fold to a raise UI against certain opponents is best) would ensure this HU.