Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2005, 01:23 PM

Default Re: sometimes the winner is... PARTY POKER

We just can't wait for you to be gone.
Old 02-28-2005, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and show me your evidence,oh wait you cant you dont have any.
keep your self in the dark,but realize the possibility
is possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

US law is based on the principle of innocent until proven guilty because it is generally difficult if not impossible to prove a negative proposition. That some one did not commit a crime is a negative proposition.

Asking for proof that Party is not cheating is asking someone to prove a negative. It is logically impossible. On the other hand, it only takes one instance, one example, to prove that Party is cheating. Your logic is that cheating is possible, no one can prove that there is no cheating, therefore there is cheating. Brilliant!!

Speculating about possible online cheating because it is possible is like speculating about other forms of life in the universe, because that too is possible. To prove that extraterrestial life does not exist, you would have to visit every planet in the universe and show that there is no life there. To prove that it does exist, you would have to find a single example. Proving the nonexistence of cheating or of ETs is impossible. Proving the existence takes one tiny little example. We have seen neither.

That said, we continue our quest for intelligent life on earth, conspiracy theorists to the contrary.
Old 02-28-2005, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ummmm...why think PP needs to run their own bots to beat winning players?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, because apparently they have a legion of players that absolutely refuse to even CONSIDER the idea that they are being cheated. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] The other methods will be easily noticed.

ANYWAY, I think you missed out on the part where I said I don't really believe the conspiracy theories. Even if that is the case, though, a healthy dose of skepticism is never going to hurt. If you're planning on hiring an employee or taking a job, you'd spend a little bit of time checking references and doing research, right? If you have the ability to write SQL and do some programming (and find it fun!), where is the harm in writing a few queries to test/disprove common conspiracy theories?

Like I said earlier, I don't doubt that smart people will soon be doing complex database queries once PT uses MySQL. I plan on reading the results and creating some of my own. Maybe I'm just a nerd but I find this stuff enjoyable.
Old 02-28-2005, 01:35 PM

Well said.
Old 02-28-2005, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well said

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-28-2005, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We just can't wait for you to be gone.

[/ QUOTE ] !
Old 02-28-2005, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they have a certain (small ) percentage of bots who will be distributed top cards when you have second best-this is for action purposes,extracting by the most from you.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are almost certainly bots playing online, and many of them would play very good poker heads up. Writing a program to hook to the Party (or any other poker site) client, read the cards, and press send mouse clicks to the buttons is pretty trivial. However, there's no reason to think that Party is more likely to have created these bots than underemployed Russian software engineers, for whom making a bot that can generate $5 an hour is a big deal.
Old 02-28-2005, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
*** You are ignoring this user ***

[/ QUOTE ]

Great feature this ignore function.