Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2002, 07:58 PM

Default Not good enough to fold AQs!!

15-30 gamesis fairly passive.Most players willing to call 2 bets before the flop.Mosts pots multiway(3-5 players).UTG raises(he is a very solid player but not to tricky),I'm next to act with A [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] ,I decide to call and hope to get some others to tag along.?Is this the correct play?Nobody else calls so its headsup.
Flop Q [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] ,9 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] ,7 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] ,he checks and I bet, utg now raises,I call.
Turn is A [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] ,utg checks,I bet,utg raises,(so much for him not being tricky)...The problem is I now feel I'm up against a set.?Does any body fold this hand here?I'm definitly not good enough to fold here.
River was a blank he bet and I called.He had set of queens.
My problem is I wanted to fold pre-flop and then on the turn but just ain't good enough.In retrospect I feel I did all I could to lose as little as possible by playing so passivly.My normal play would to 3 bet flop and turn!!!

Thank You,

RINCON [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]