Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2005, 09:33 AM

Default UTG+1 is (82/5/.33) over 22 - what does this mean?

i know what UTG+1 is and that the other numbers are something to do with that player's stats, but as a newb, what do these mean?

if i'm playing .05/.10 or .1/.2 Limit HE, it is probably more important for me to focus on learning my game, but i thought i should ask.
Old 02-26-2005, 10:56 AM

Default Re: UTG+1 is (82/5/.33) over 22 - what does this mean?

Is this a PokerTracker stat that you're seeing in GameTime or something? Where did you see this possible set of stats?

One other thing to think about if you did see this in GameTime is that the stats shown are configurable, so unless you're using the default configuration, we won't know what these are.

Regards,

T
Old 02-26-2005, 11:28 AM

It's PT stats, 82=VIP (voluntary put in pot), 5= PFR (pre-flop raise) and .66 is agression. Over 22 means these stats are for 22 hands the person has on the villian.
Old 02-27-2005, 11:53 AM

i stole these stats from another post because they were using them to gauge another player's style of play and how to play hands against them.

i don't know anything more than that because i've never seen them or even know how to get them.

are they percentages? is 82/5/.33 over 22 hands good/bad/what?
Old 02-27-2005, 01:05 PM

The first two are percentages. Someone with a 100 VIP would be putting money in pre-flop at every opportunity. Someone with 0 would fold pre-flop every time except when they got to play free out of the big blind. Aggression is more complicated, but <1 is very passive. You need to start using PT to get a feel for the numbers, but basically this guy is really loose, passive, the ideal opponent, IMO.

However, this is over 22 hands which is an incredibly small sample size so all this would be taken with a grain of salt. To feel confident in the read I'd like to have it over atleast 200 hands, preferable over more. However, this guy is so bad that you wouldn't need that many.
Old 02-28-2005, 09:05 AM

sweet! i understand now. i haven't got PokerTracker yet so i don't know how to get these stats, but hopefully i can figure it out when i get it.