Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who do you take?
Owens 31 46.97%
Moss 35 53.03%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-27-2005, 08:44 AM

Default Re: AQ Preflop Versus Coldcallers

[ QUOTE ]
Once you threebet the pot is so big that you are tied on when you catch any piece. Getting away from a dominated hand is now impossible unless you like incorrect folds.

Seriously, you were only a semi-troll for a few days, now you've reverted to complete troll status. Why are you so desperate for attention? Why does every post these days become a fight between you and someone else about your past, their obvious mistakes, bad advice, etc.?

Don't even bother to answer the question, please. I'm sure you can't resist, but don't. Just ponder the question and consider why you are a human piece of garbage.

Spit out some venomous response as you will, but take a serious look at your life and realize how pathetic you are.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

I took a look at my life these last 30 seconds. It's better than yours and I'm a better poker player than you are, so I guess I'll just go ahead and not feel too bad about myself.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This proves *your* inability to understand poker, or your total lack of a nutsack. Probably both.

[/ QUOTE ]

Careful.

We don't want you needing to sign up a new account to troll with, now do we?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Because you'll report me to the mods for pointing out that you lack testicles?

Go to hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough.

It's been reported. Last time I reported you, you were booted. Lets see how this time goes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good, sackless one. Nice to see that instead of even bothering to defend your crummy strategic advice you instead try to get me banned.

I guess I shouldn't expect anything else from a weak tight player though.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:46 AM

I'm sorry.
I don't speak troll, Lansing.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooh you called me a troll like Lansing. How nice for you. Did it make you feel like a big man?
Old 02-27-2005, 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooh you called me a troll like Lansing. How nice for you. Did it make you feel like a big man?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not like Lansing, you ARE Lansing.

Don't you remember?

You were outed a few weeks ago.
Old 02-27-2005, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Run a Pokerstove sim and give UTG any broadway, give each of the the cold callers any suited/pair/ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well of course if you cook your opponent's holdings you can create a situation where it's correct to raise.

Your assumption is what's wrong. Any suited? Any ace? As soon as you allowed people to call preflop raises with A3o, then of course you're creating a situation where AQo is profitable.
Old 02-27-2005, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Run a Pokerstove sim and give UTG any broadway, give each of the the cold callers any suited/pair/ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well of course if you cook your opponent's holdings you can create a situation where it's correct to raise.

Your assumption is what's wrong. Any suited? Any ace? As soon as you allowed people to call preflop raises with A3o, then of course you're creating a situation where AQo is profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Elizabeth, while your posts are few and far between, they are always top notch. You should post more. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-27-2005, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Except that this is precisely what they do on Party.

Trust me, you have a decent preflop equity edge over a loose UTG raiser and 2 cold callers on Party.

But hey, if you don't want to heed my advice, then don't. Keep on folding AQ when you have an equity edge, a position edge, and a postflop skill edge (though I am beginning to suspect many of you don't have the latter). I'll keep raising and we'll see who ends up with more money in the long run.

I'm pretty tired of trying to help people who won't listen and refuse to understand.
Old 02-27-2005, 10:53 AM

One last thing:

Imagine this question being asked in Nate's quiz. Imagine what the answer would be.

DO YOU SEE WHY!?
Old 02-27-2005, 11:15 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
Whoever said fold should be banned.

It's close between call and raise. I think I call at a loose table. If the rest the table was tight, I'd raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say folding is a lot better than raising. raising an UTG raise with 2 cold callers seems supremely stupid to me