Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2005, 05:52 AM

Default Re: First post

Well in this endgame it hasn't made a single preflop error that it's shown.

I need more proof that it's a bot, although it looks possible.

Lori
Old 02-26-2005, 05:56 AM

I will give you credit for this: I think you've made the first credible bot sighting post I've ever seen.

We can just ignore that "knowing the river cards" stuff. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

eastbay
Old 02-26-2005, 06:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We can just ignore that "knowing the river cards" stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah I agree that it seems very unlikely, but I'm still a little confused as to some of it's decisions. Overall it seems to make qauality decision pre flop, but I have also seen it make make some plays that seem very suboptimal. They are few and far between, but I have yet to see one of these iffy decions backfire. Maybe this is just a lucky run. I guess I'll have to wait and see.
Old 02-26-2005, 08:34 AM

There is only one alternative to it being a bot though, and that is that it is a human player. And if it was a human player surely it wouldnt play in such a repetitive manner and make simple mistakes like that three of a kind hand.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:39 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />
There is only one alternative to it being a bot though, and that is that it is a human player. And if it was a human player surely it wouldnt play in such a repetitive manner and make simple mistakes like that three of a kind hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one to believe that checking it down with trips there might very well be done by a human player?

Either he just pressed the wrong button, he didn't realise he made trips, or he just didn't feel like it. All of these three are fully possible. For example, I might quite often use the fold to any bet checkbox on party. In a situation like this I certainly can see myself doing that on the flop, after considering whether I want to try and bluff this player.

[disclaimer]
I'm not in any way saying that this is a good way to play.
Old 02-26-2005, 10:19 AM

I've played one tourny against this guy. He folded up to big blind t200, and then went allin twice with no calls, got into the money and then went out in third after pushing with AJ with 1300 chips and getting called by me with TT. He play pretty much like I do [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-26-2005, 10:35 AM

Okay, I've followed the guy for a short while. I don't know if I'm the only one who've noticed this, but he uses the exact same time for every fold (17 blinks by the small yellow arrow), and the exact same time (23 blinks by the small arrow) every time he chooses to go allin. A few of the decisions were really easy, like calling an allin from a shortstack with KK with 7 players left in the tourny (blinds 100/200).
Old 02-26-2005, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That's funny but I thought two software products that sell to the exact same market would be competing. I just thought I should disclose that the person doubting our technical expertise also will be selling a software product to the sit and go market. It only seems fair.

[/ QUOTE ]

The evidence is there for anyone to judge for themselves.

But this is clearly off-topic now so I'm going to take the high road and get back to discussing SnG strategy as I've done every day for over a year here.

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

I for one will judge for myself. To summarize:

Adam Schultz - uses this board to spam his product that as yet has not lived up to any of his false claims.

Eastbay - super respected long-time poster who is in development of analytical tools to help us all with our knowledge and strategy of the game.

Any questions?