Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > The Stock Market
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2005, 06:32 PM

Default Re: OTC PICK!

I'm kinda new to this too, but it seems to me that if the company has over a million dollars worth of orders, and you've bought into it for 2 cents, then the price HAS to go up right? I mean it just doesn't make any sense otherwise [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 02-23-2005, 07:28 PM

Default Re: Going for the gold

I have to conclude that 'wickedgoodtrader' is really just running an elaborate and very effective joke here, and I for one have been sucked in by it.

Basing trades in penny stocks on today's news for 25+ percent annual gains, nice.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:03 PM

I was 100% sure it was a joke until he came back again and again... and then posted a pick with a news report. Very goot indeed. Whoever did this should out themselves, I would give them a lot of credit.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:38 PM

This is some of your best work ever!
Old 02-23-2005, 11:25 PM

I just don't know what to make of Diablo. I keep bouncing between thinking that he HAS to be kidding, and then thinking he's serious. I feel like I'm watching The Usual Suspects all over again, trying to guess who's who and what the truth is.

Its interesting, in a weird kind of way.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shorting a stock means your betting the stock will go down and you make money when it does. So you should be rich.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow that sounds good.

I heard this rumor that when a stock you own goes up, you make money. Is this true?

If it is, I could make a billion this year easy.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:14 PM

Default Re: OTC PICK!

[ QUOTE ]

Ugh. I got in at the same price as you this morning, then had some meetings and went to lunch before reading your post and it is now down to .0191.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the only thing I can't understand in this whole thread. El Diablo has meetings?
Old 02-26-2005, 03:44 AM

I have repeatedly bashed Paluka for spending 50k a year in rent. Paluka has repeatedly bashed me for being too optimistic about gambling opportunities... and I agree with him on this one.

I know more than 5 people, which may or may not include myself, who make more than $150/hr playing online poker. I know many more who make $40-100/hr or thereabouts.

It's really not that hard to imagine, especially for people who get rake back, and I'm not including that in my above statement.
Old 02-27-2005, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm 23 and have been a successful poker player for about 4 years now...Plannin on making 100k minimum the first year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you need to re-evaluate your poker situation if you have been playing seriously for 4 years now and cannot make 100k a year doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.
Old 02-27-2005, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm 23 and have been a successful poker player for about 4 years now. I play in the winter and run a lawn biz in the summer. I recently started trading about 4 months ago. I got tired of playing cards.. just seemed like a constant grind that I never see myself gettin rich at. I'd average about $2500 a month profit but after my morgage payment and other expenses, I wasn't making as much as I'd like. I have all the goods now.. insider purchase alerts, live newsires, and the advanced anylyzer from ameritrade. I put $3500 into the account and now have 8k. Apparently the government has restrictions on what a daytrader can do if they have less then 25k in their account (long explaniation, but they'll lock up your margin and shorting ability). Well I don't know how they say most daytraders lose, but I see ridiculous returns on stocks that i've missed. Make a long story short.. I'm going to get me a 40k home equity loan tomorrow and im going for the gold! Plannin on making 100k minimum the first year.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a young guy, dont be in such a hurry. My advice to you is to turn your $8k into $20k in the next 4 months, and then turn that into $50K, and then that into $120k by this time next year. This is way, you dont endanger your home, you know you havent just been lucky, (which you probably have) and you will learn many valuable lesons along the way, and hopefully see a meaningful market downturn to test your theories.

If your brother came to you and said that he wanted to borrow $40k against your house as he has had a 166% profit betting on NFL teams in the last 4 months, would you give it to him based on these results?