Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2005, 10:58 PM

Default Absolute is so tight!

I just started a bonus that was given to me by one of their VIP hosts. I did their sign-up bonus around Christmas time, and they just recently offfered me a reload which I am going to take advantage of. I have a couple concerns about their site: 1. Number of $1-2 full ring games (4 while I was playing 21:00 est) and 2. Tightness of the players there. I play mostly party, and always seem to find a pretty loose game. Will the lack of choices affect my chances of being a winning player? (On a sidenote, I am 3-tabling and I see the same players on all 3.) I win about 2bb/100. Will I a TAG like myself being able to win when the tables VP$IP is very low?
Boudge7
Old 02-25-2005, 11:18 PM

Default Re: Absolute is so tight!

NO
Old 02-25-2005, 11:20 PM

Absolute just offered a huge reload bonus, so you're likely playing with a bunch of bonus whores.

Go elsewhere, come back in a week or so and things should ease up.
Old 02-25-2005, 11:32 PM

Seriously though... just raise in mid position with garbage if no one has bet and when everyone folds show the crap... that will loosen everyone up in a hurry.
Old 02-25-2005, 11:46 PM

I don't know what limit you play, but I was experiencing the same thing the other night. I switched to 6 max and noticed the competition is absolutely horrible there. So many cold calls it is ridiculous, on top of that your opponents are way to passive.

The tables full ring games you are speaking of are definetly beatable. Despite the fact that your opponets are very tight, they are also incredibly passive. I do not think I was three bet once the whole time I was playing these tables.

Since you are clearing a bonus I highly recommend the switch.
Old 02-26-2005, 12:13 AM

Default all about the six max, and no reason one can\'t beat the tighties.

playing against tight/passive players is a whole different game than playing against loose/passives, and if one doesn't adjust, they become the fish.

The absolute full ring games are better left alone. They're beatable, but there is better games on that site. The 2/4 games aren't so full of whores, and are, IMO, much easier than the 1/2 games. bizzare, huh?

Also, the six max tables are a lot better than the full games, too, even though it's the same kind of players- they get into trouble because they don't make the adjustments needed to win at 6max- they may loosen up a little, but they aren't aggressive enough, they don't steal enough, and they don't ever seem to push their draws. if you think you can do these things successfully, then absolute is a good place to whore. I only make between 10-15$/hr playing there, but i match that in bonus, for a decent enough hourly rate.

However, i do save absolute for when i have no other bonuses to clear.

One more thing, if you're any good at other games, mostly omaha/8, absolute is whorable- the omaha8 games are loose and fast, and EVERY SINGLE pot gets raked. when the 1/2 or 2/4 stud hi-lo gets going, jump on it (if you can play stud well) it's usually full of holdem players that will cap with high pairs, draw to naked lows HU, etc...