Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2002, 10:40 PM

Default 40-80 hand

This is my first hand post on 2+2,so bare with me.All comments on the hand and the post itself are greatly appreciated.Just sitting down at the same time as another individual in now what is a 8 handed game.I don't know any of the players.I post 2 spots from the button and so does the new player who is sitting in the cutoff. The hand...utg,utg+1 limps,I call with QJs,co raises,button calls,bb calls and the 2 early limpers call.

Flop Qh,2s,3s,...bb checks,utg bets,utg+1folds,I call,co raises,button calls 2, bb folds,utg calls, I 3bet,all call.

Turn is Jh, (Qh,2s,3s) utg checks,I bet,co calls,button calls,utg check raises,I 3 bet ?(is this a good three bet),co calls,button calls and utg caps.All call the cap.

River As (Qh,2s,3s,Jh) utg checks, I bet,cutoff raises,button folds,utg calls 2,I 3 bet,co calls utg folds. ?was this a good 3 bet?I can't give button credit for KTs,or 45s.My main concern is the 3 bet on the turn a good play.

Results cutoff had made a set of aces at the river.

Thank You...
RINCON
Old 12-04-2002, 11:09 PM

Default Re: 40-80 hand

Like the turn reraise. But that A [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] was the worst possible card for you, so I would check-call the river.
Old 12-04-2002, 11:43 PM

I like your 3 bet on the turn and the river. The utg player will come out betting if he has the nuts your main worry is getting 4bet by the cutoff. If he comes back at you then you lost another $80 but I think your play was solid,the 3bet on the turn was a given.
Old 12-04-2002, 11:43 PM

Default I think he had QsJs n/t

Old 12-05-2002, 12:07 AM

Default Re: Yes I had QsJs sorry so confusing n/m..

Old 12-05-2002, 12:12 AM

Default Re: I think he had QsJs--and a tip for posters

Makes all the difference--now you have to pound your huge hand. I would take it to a cap on the turn, if possible.

The tip for posters is make your posts clearer by using the suit graemlins ( [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] ). They were put there a couple of weeks ago.
It's so much clearer when I know what suits your cards are. To me, QJs means any QJ suited.
Old 12-05-2002, 12:12 AM

This is my first hand post on 2+2

Posting hint: When you hold Q[img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img], write it as QsJs rather than QJs. That way we can be sure what suit you're holding. QJs usually just meants "Queen-Jack suited". Or, use the icons.

I might have raised the flop. However, if I was certain the cutoff was going to raise, I would probably call and 3-bet like you did.

The turn 3-bet is a bit dubious if you think the UTG player would only check-raise in that spot with a big hand such as a set.

The river 3-bet is an easy choice.

Old 12-05-2002, 01:14 AM

If you had QsJs, giving you top pair and a flush draw on the flop, then, IMHO, you should have raised UTG's initial flop bet. 3-betting when it comes back to you is good.

3-betting the turn here with made top two and 9 outs to the flush and 4 more outs to the huge boat... well... yes... you have to 3-bet here.

3-betting the river with the 3rd nuts is a good play as well.
Old 12-05-2002, 02:33 AM

I'm surprised no one mentioned this yet, but I think you should raise before the flop here.

You have a chance to get some dead money in the pot (the cutoff), buy the button, and raise the limpers all for just 1 small bet.

Does anyone else agree that this is a pretty easy raise?
Old 12-05-2002, 04:00 AM

I would definately have raised on the flop here and if three-bet capped it out. I like your play on the later streets. Nice pot!

PokerPrince