Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2005, 01:21 PM

Default Re: Music while playing in B&M

congratulations on stereotyping everyone correctly, then; truly you have insight that I can only aspire to acquire through my fad following faze.

In summation: Nit!
Old 02-24-2005, 01:27 PM

I'm an admitted I-pod user. Like a couple of other posters, I do it because I otherwise get bored and start playing hands that I shouldn't. However, it is only in one ear, and very quiet. I can hear everything going on at the table, and am still very talkative with the other players. It just helps for those times when things slow down. Also, I work for a radio station doing play-by-play and need to get to the games an hour + early to set up and make sure things are okay. I bring my i-pod there to kill time and have something to do while waiting. If you think this is just to be cool, then fine, I am cool - but I agree with another poster that this is one of the best investments I've made. Other than my HDTV [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-24-2005, 03:16 PM

I don't think any of the rooms in KC allow headphones to be worn at the table.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do it under certain circumstances, namely when the table is boring. I find that if I get too bored, I start playing hands I usually wouldn't just to have something to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. I only play limit and the table is usually talkative so I don't want to be the kid who is sitting down there with his headphones on. I just leave mine out in the car and have only went and gotten it once whenever the table was boring. usually if I am bored I just leave, but this time I just tried it out.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:51 PM

Doing the opposite of what is trendy, has become a trend of its own. If you do something because you enjoy it, that's all that really matters. People like toots are no more unique than people who conform.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:02 PM

Nothing unique about me.

I'm just your run of the mill people-hating crank.

All you posers who just happen to follow the trend, while pretending to do those things because you came to it independently, just provides a source of entertainment for me.

Keep it up. My clones and I will appreciate it.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:04 PM

I think the point is that there are people who genuinely just want to listen to music and you're not doing yourself or anyone else any favors by automatically assuming they're following some trend. Are you some mindless sheep because you're on the poker bandwagon when it's the cool thing to do?
Old 02-24-2005, 04:07 PM

Yes, I am.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nothing unique about me.

I'm just your run of the mill people-hating crank.

All you posers who just happen to follow the trend, while pretending to do those things because you came to it independently, just provides a source of entertainment for me.

Keep it up. My clones and I will appreciate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow in this whole thread I don't think 1 person said they came up with the idea. who really cares where it came from. if it helps and makes you happy - so be it.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:29 PM

I prefer to here table chatter then music i guess. I've been debating getting one for a long time [for my car and I guess for Poker now ] and I never can decied. If the tables dead I'll try and start a convo. Reasoning is simple you become "friendly" people you get better reads later and they tend to soft play there good hands againts you.
I guess I'd rather save teh 400 bucks for another buy in [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]