Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2005, 04:21 AM

Default Re: Is the end nigh?

Nice post goodguy... and $599 per day in rake is a lot more than $4K a month... we could assume $400 per day and 24 days a month of work and that is almost 9K, just in rakeback.

Total BS from this guy. MicroBob, just look at the tone of this guy's posts over the years in the archives, he's just rehashing the same old crap again and again.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and $599 per day in rake is a lot more than $4K a month

[/ QUOTE ]
yes typo I meant weekly not monthly.
What's more probable is he is playing too many tables say 8-12-16 whatever and running a little sour and losing .50/100 hands-this is being generous.Why all the hyerbole Lebron?
Old 02-24-2005, 04:27 AM

I'm not dismissing that possibility.

I've already admitted to being more gullible than most (although I seem to be one of the few who knew ahead of time that the PokerStars Support guy from a few days ago was a hoax).
Old 02-24-2005, 07:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've already admitted to being more gullible than most (although I seem to be one of the few who knew ahead of time that the PokerStars Support guy from a few days ago was a hoax).

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, I thought he admitted to being you, although I didn't see that thread through to completion.

As for the numbers in this thread, all I can say is WOW. The rakeback calculations alone are staggering...almost $80/hr on rakeback is simply jaw-dropping.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:23 AM

Brian already playing around 200k hands a month I believe and is very credible

fwiw, i am almost positive this is true (brians claim).
Old 02-24-2005, 11:39 AM

4 cents per hand, $400 per 10,000...not complaining, the point of the post was merely to gauge other people's results recently, to determine what I can expect as to profitability over the next few months, as I plan my financial future...as for your not believing me, Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and I do not care.
Old 02-24-2005, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
have believed for some time that this would eventually happen, but I was hoping I'd get at least another year outta this before the game became entirely unprofitable. Could it be happening now or is my doom-saying premature?

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends how good you are. I don't see game conditions changing so drastically from one year ago to one year from now.
Old 02-24-2005, 11:52 AM

Ok, I'll go back to just scanning the posts here every few weeks for specific information I just get frustrated when I contribute to this forum, 'cause of the mean-spirited responses. Dunno where all the venom comes from. I apologize if I offended anyone in the past, tho I was completely unaware that my posts had that effect. I apologize especially to you, BreakEven, whose mother I must have dug up and satisfied anally. I'm sorry, I didn't know that you knew.

I have decided to cut down tables from 16 to 14, and try that awhile. I'm more and more convinced that MicroBob's assessment is correct. If 14 is stil problematic, I'll return all the way to 12, and just play 10 hours a day instead of 7.

The world is too small to allow yourself to look at it thru the eyes of the narrow-minded. Ta-ta.
Old 02-24-2005, 11:56 AM

There is a point where adding more tables leads to diminishing returns. You passed it 8 tables ago.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:08 PM

Sounds like it may be partially attributable to burn out. Scale back the next 2 weeks to 8 tables and see what happens. you cant make top notch decisions while playing 16 games at once