Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2005, 11:50 PM

Default JJ flopped set, scary board

No reads, but it's a really loose table, especially preflop.

Should I have raised this flop? At the time, I thought it would be bad if MP1 3bets and CO folds. I also thought the prospect of MP1 betting the turn was juicy. But maybe I want CO to fold, or it's worth the risk?

Does everyone agree with the turn play given my flop play?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:54 PM

Default Re: JJ flopped set, scary board

Yaayyyyyerrrrrrrzzzzzzz raise the flop.

edit: you didn't even BET the flop!!! Millions of kittens die every time you check call flopped top set.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:59 PM

This is exactly how you want the other players to play flopped sets. You need to try and get into a war on this flop. Checking with the intention of calling with the top set in a multiway pot is nothing short of tragic. Bet teh flop.

Brad
Old 02-24-2005, 12:04 AM

Bet/raise the flop. I almost never slowplay a set. That's a very scary board, you can't afford to give free cards.

The turn is tough. I think I'd bet out and call a raise. I don't like the check raise. You're probably behind here, but you got 10 outs so I'd wanna see that river cheaply.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:08 AM

You raised preflop so betting this flop shouldn't scare too many people. At 1/2 people realize you might have overcards and are auto-betting.

In my experience, check-calling the flop and then check-raising the river is one of the few kinds of plays that scares away calling stations.

I would bet and 3 bet the flop.

P.S. long time lurker, first time poster
Old 02-24-2005, 12:18 AM

Yep, I agree with all of you, I just totally fished out here.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:25 AM

If the table is loose enough to warrent you saying so here, then its loose enough that you don't have to do anything tricky to get peoples money when you flop a set.

Remember these people are playing loose, their their to gamble, every time they draw out on you you nod your head b/c when it comes to a flop like this your planning on getting your money back with interest [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Just remember when people draw out on you, thier not winning your money, thier borrowing it from you (at least thats what I tell myself)

oh, sorry little bit of venting going on [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Jam the pot on the flop, check call when that 7 comes.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:52 AM

I'd go for capping the flop if possible and calling down if I don't fill up by the river.