Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2005, 12:00 AM

Default Re: Is the end nigh?

Twenty-tabling would have been cooler.

Was it hard getting by on just $2500/wk last month?
Old 02-24-2005, 12:00 AM

People aren't improving. I'm getting sucked out on more than ever and I love it.

outs
Old 02-24-2005, 12:23 AM

Brian already playing around 200k hands a month I believe and is very credible.

FWIW - I believe Lebronomania's hand-count figures.
He has always claimed to play 8+ tables at a time and I don't think it's THAT unrealistic (although is certainly beyond the capabilities of many of us normal folk).
He has previously claimed to 8 or 12 table the 15/30 as I recall and for whatever warped reason, I believe him.

Maybe I'm just gullible (scratch the 'maybe' part...I know I'm gullible).

If Schneids (and others) can consistently 8-table the 10/20 6-max then I don't think it's impossible that someone...with the right set-up...can 16-table the full (did he say he was playing the full....if he's 16-tabling the 6-max then I'm REALLY impressed).

I wouldn't walt to it...but I don't think it's completely impossible.

I also think we are seeing the effects of playing so many tables....it is hard to maintain focus and concentration on everything that is going on and I don't think it's the best way to play a profitable game (see goodguy_1's comments on said topic...with which I mostly agree).

I suspect that Lerbon...if he really is 16-tabling...is making more mistakes than he is aware of.

IF, in fact, his win-rate while playing auto-pilot 16-table poker is going down I don't think it is indicative that the end of online-poker profitability is here. That's just ridiculous.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:37 AM

Don't listen to this guy. This kook is a veritable factory of quasi-"poker is rigged" posts and bad beat stories. I guess about 18 months ago he was 6 tabling the 15-30 but now he is 16 tabling the 5-10??? I don't know, he's a lying weirdo...

The best of Lebronomania:

[ QUOTE ]
I was gonna persevere, then I realized that poker was not quite the thing I wanted to persevere for. I've cashed out my remaining $5k outta Party and Empire. That should be enough to last me until I can find a job. I am a lawyer, after all (just got sworn in on Monday).

It was a good experiment, and I'm glad I tried it. Played for the last 3 and a half months, and even with the terrible run at the end, I made 'bout $17k.

Yeah, maybe it was just real bad luck. Maybe my opponents were on to me. Maybe I'm just not a good player. Maybe its a little of all three.

Are online sites fixing cards? Probably not. I mean, how could you ever suspect a company of cheating that is based in the Camyan Islands and provides vice for profit? I just know that I no longer have the confidence in Party that I'm willing to lose my last few dollars.

I feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I'll be playing poker again, but just for fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Is Party marking players? I certainly never thought so, and still dont. Right now I'm just struggling mightily for an explanation of how this is happening. I'm now down over 6k for the month, and no matter what I do, no matter how many breaks I take, no matter how I adjust my play, its not working. I have $5k left. I believe that I'm a winning player, and I will no stop believing this until the last cent of that $5k is in the hands of my opponents. Actually, even if I lose this my entire bankroll, I will still have won $12k since I started doing this professionally. Unfortunately, that is little solace, since I'll have to start looking for a real job.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I've never believed in conspiracies. I've never believed that any of the major sites are crooked. However, my faith does it have its limits, and this month is truly testing it. Check out the discrepancy between this month and last month at 15/30 Party-Empire:

Last month: 7,263, 8798 hands, 126.48 hours, 1.91 BB/HR, 2.75 BB/100
This month: (4,762), 7177 hands, 107.90 hours, (1.47) BB/HR, (2.21) BB/100

You know, its not so much 'bout how much I've lost. $5k is significant, but its not totally unexpected. If I lost $5k in one night, I'd just say, "oh well." But its the fact that I'm down $5k AFTER 108 hours. Some people dont play that much poker in a lifetime!

For the last week or so, I've just chalked it up to temporary bad luck. But at some point these constant bad beats will force me to make a decision. I still have a $6000 bankroll. If its just bad fortune, I'll continue playing and I'm sure I'll eventually win it all back and then some. But if theres something more sinister happening, I need to cash out this money immediately.

I've been playing poker for a living for almost 4 months now. I dont wanna give this up and get a "real job." Tho every fiber of my being is saying that something's terribly wrong here, I'm desperately trying to believe that I can still make money on Party. Please tell me I'm just being paranoid.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, tonight, playing 6 tables of 15/30, 8 hours, 2500 hands, I was having a bad day. The bad day turned into a terrible day. The terrible day, in turn, became just surreal. I LOST IT. I mean, I'm not talking 'bout tilt. I was too mind f-ed to continue to play poker while I was losing it. I'm talkin' 'bout notifying half of the apartment building of my plight. I believe I might've, at one point, curled into a fetal position, and started barking or clucking or mooing. I dunno, cant recall everything. I do recall tho that, for the first time in a decade, I sensed the presence of GOD. And I sensed also that HE hated me, and wanted me to suffer through great pain.

I'm not sure if man was ever meant to play poker. Or maybe its me who was never meant to play poker. I should go to sleep now.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The crazies at Party are killing me. 2,282 hands, 32.52 hours, down 1000 (33 BBs). I'm going to sleep now. I just hope that the lunatics still have my money when I come collecting tomorrow night.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I dont usually buy in to these conspiracy theories. But I'll say this...Just recently I realized that I hadn't seen AA vs. AA, or KK vs. KK in a long time while playing at Party. I distinctly remember seeing this over and over back in the day when I played Paradise. I always suspected Paradise of skewing the probability of getting quality cards in order to increase the rake. Its one of those undetectable things, that doesn't hurt any player particularly, but just makes sure that more money falls off the table, thus hurting all players generally. I never trusted Paradise, and I believe very strongly that these suspicions shared by many players has had a significant affect on the decline of the site.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Last night, I had my worst night ever at the tables. Playing 5 15/30 tables, I lost over $2500k. I've been told by many people that thats nothing. One guy told me he lost $9k in one 24 hour period playing 3 15/30 tables. Just curious how much is your "worst night / day ever" playing poker? Also, how did you react to it? Last night I didn't sleep too well, and I was bound and determined to play again as soon as I woke up.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-24-2005, 02:43 AM

His old stuff was pretty goofy and borderline trollish at times.....but he has made quite a few worthwhile posts and observations since his return to the forums (after staying away for several mths I think).

When he first returned (or at least when I first saw him return) I was truly impressed with the quality of the stuff he was posting.

For the time-being I am giving him the benefit of the doubt. But your point is certainly valid.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:22 AM

Bob do you really think its possible to 16-table full ring games proficiently for any amount of time let alone 8 hours a day? 16-table 6MAX ?no way.

I occasionally 8 table full ring games when everything is rollin but 16.I've built up some tolerance so I could probably play 10 but 16 no way and for any amount of time I'd be a zombie.8-tabling 6MAX is also nuts.. 16-tabling anything but $1-2 efficiently(no time outs)is a heroic feat let alone something you could do day in day out.Lebron is no Scheids either.

I've been playing some of the $5-10 Full games of late and I've noticed the number of games with decent pot averages have improved.Usually you can find 5-6 8bb or better pot average games-this is in the evening.VIP is still tight thu sub 30%.But $5-10 Full games have been better of late.

Why is every anecdote this guy have so extreme.Either he wants attention or maybe he's just stretching the details a wee bit.Maybe a combination of both.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:50 AM

Dunno whether to be flattered, or creeped out. "The Best of Lebronomania" lol

I've had my ups and downs with poker, for sure. Tho I don't believe I ever really fully endorsed any conspiracy theories, I don't even entertain them anymore. Playing as many hands as I have since I started doing this fulltime again February of last year, approximately 1.5 million hands, I've seen my ups and downs. In fact, I've come to expect it. I believe that it has given me a great deal of perspective on what is indeed possible in the world of poker. This particular down, tho, has me scratching my head, and this is why I posted here for the first time in a few months. Hopefully it'll turn around soon. In the meantime, I'll just have to live on the rakeback.

I do play 16 tables, and, to be honest, am surprised that people are so incredulous. I didn't create this thread to brag on myself...I'm not a great poker player. My talent, if any, is merely the ability to multi-task. I'm a grinder in the truest sense of the word. I have no poker ambitions. My ultimate goal is simple: pay off nearly 200k in law school debt so that I can become a high school teacher. With the debt, that "dream job" is not feasible.

As for the reasons why I might be struggling, I suspect that the one poster who suggested I'm making more mistakes than I'm aware of might be right. In particular, sometimes its very difficult to remember action on prior rounds. During some hands, I find myself switching chat to "everything" just to figure out who the pre-flop raiser was. That having been said, I have gotten better with 16 over the last couple months, and I'm confident that I'll continue to improve. I believe, with the rakeback deal I have, 16 will, in the long run, be more profitable than 12. Then again, I have considered the possibility that 14 or 15 might be the most profitable, and that after 15, overall profitability decreases.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:56 AM

Yeah. You just come in here every few months and make some claim that online poker has "dried up," or that you feel something's fishy. It's always about some crazy downswing or bad day you've had.

There's just so much wrong with your logic.

Why the hell don't you 6 table 15-30 and make more money? 6 tables would be so much damn easier and your winrate would improve as you have more time to analyze your decisions.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why the hell don't you 6 table 15-30 and make more money? 6 tables would be so much damn easier and your winrate would improve as you have more time to analyze your decisions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

And I generally agree with goodguy's assessment also....that it isn't terribly profitable even if you can do it at an ABC level.

but, for now, I do believe Lebron's claims.
He is not claiming to be a great player...he is just playing auto-pilot on 16 tables I guess.

The fact is....I'm usually watching TV and typing or surfing on here while I'm 4-6 tabling and it's not that hard for me even if it's 4 tables of 6-max and a couple MTT's going on.

Again..I don't think bragging was the point of Lebron's posts here (as opposed to the stuff from a couple years ago).
I do think he is just completely unaware of the amount of stuff he is missing per table, thus the reason why his win-rate is so mediocre (to break-even during stretches).

When I did my marathon raked-hands run at 10/20 6-max I was missing a lot of stuff and over my 20k hands in 3 or 4 days my win-rate was almost exactly 0BB/100. I saw some of the stuff I was missing after the fact..."Oh crap...that's a 4-flush on the board...Why did I raise?" and stuff like that.
While my mistakes were generally due to extreme fatigue the idea that lack of concentration will lead to simple errors remains the same because I do think one will tend to miss simple details after a few hours of 16-tabling no matter how used to it they think they are.
And if you're prone to missing the occasional simple details (like missing a 4-flush on the board...or not knowing who raised) then you sure as hell are going to miss a lot of the slightly more subtle stuff (like who's tilting from a bad-beat and is now calling down with ANYTHING....who should you be iso 3-betting, etc).

I would suggest that anyone who is winning 1BB/100 while 16-tabling would fairly EASILY be able to win 2.5BB/100 while 6-8 tabling if they just took that extra energy and paid attention to more of the actions at each of their tables (whether they are in the hand or not).
And we're not talking Mason Malmuth in-depth analysis here....just really general stuff.

Lebron's fall-off in win-rate doing this (again...assuming it's real) is probably more indicative of how his concentration just can't be maintained on so many tables (because 16-tabling really is kind of ridiculous dude) than it is related to a general increase in quality of his competition.

My recommendation...as well as that of goodguy_1 as well (if he believes you...which I'm not sure he does) would be to get out of that 16-table habit because it's just silly and not the most profitable way to go about things.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:14 AM

dude if what you say is true rakeback on 16 tabling /8 hours a day $5-10 Full @25% rakeback( obviously with your huge MGR figures you should be getting higher rakeback rates then that)is 6.50 cents per hand.At 72 hph thats a total of 1152 hands per hour or 9216 per 8-hour seesion equates to $74.88 per hour or $599 per day.
Just in rakeback.IF what you say is TRUE which I now doubt even more.You could break even and still be making $599 a day or roughly $4K a week just on rakeback..why would you be complaining??doesnt jibe with reality.If you make just .50 bb per/100 on a typical day where you play 9,216 hands you still will be making $460 a day.So I call your bluff you are fibbing here to put it mildly.Assuming you could only beat the game for .50bb/100 and you played 8 hours a day 16 tabling you would make $460 a day off your play and $599 just off rakeback for a total of $1059 a day...why would you be complaining??Thats $5K-6K a week ..Come on Lebron these are the numbers..why so much bs?
Now what could be happening is that yes you are playing 16 tables and instead of winning .50bb/100 hands you are losing .50bb/100 and breaking even when you include rakeback...this makes more sense.I just dont think you are being honest here about all the details.Why would you complain about a G-note net a day??.Play less tables.