Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2005, 10:36 PM

Default Does anyone have any thoughts on the players at Absolute Poker?

I am currently working off a bonus there, primarily because I was dumb and decided it would be better than spending my night at Party. It is wretched so far. I hate the software with a passion, it is laggy and it manages to chug my computer (which I just bought 4 ghz, 1 gig ram).

Anyways, now that my rant is done, does anyone know anything about the players here? It seems like a mix of total idiot fish and weak tight mice. Aggression appears to be highly effective against many of the players, but there are a number of utter stations. The average pots are pretty small and players seeing the flop isn't as much as I am used to on the paradise that is Partypoker.

Can anyone provide any other insights?
Old 02-23-2005, 10:59 PM

Default Re: Does anyone have any thoughts on the players at Absolute Poker?

For limit poker there I've only played the micro limits.... as you said, there are fewer people to the flop than at Party. It's tighter than even Party 1/2 or 2/4 (not that that's saying too much). No general impressions other than that.

I've played a bit of .10/.25 No Limit there over the past few months, and that game seems *extremely* fishy. 5-7 people to the flop, people trying to bluff all over the place, calling down with very weak stuff. I'd give that a shot if you're interested in No Limit.