Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2005, 03:43 PM

Default Is my line of thinking correct?

I am playing in the PokerStars .05/.10 limit game, and my big pre-flop hands aren't hitting, my overpairs get beat by rivered flushes, etc. You know, not necessarily bad beats, but the cards just aren't there for whatever reason.

Now, if there is no tilt involved, is the solution to just play more hands? As in, the cards will eventually come back, I just need to keep playing the same game?

I understand that if I were tilting, I should stop, but I am not tilting. I understand that I am playing "correctly," the cards just aren't there. Is that line of thinking correct?

Thank you, and sorry if this has been covered significantly...I am still fairly new here.
Old 02-23-2005, 04:03 PM

Default Re: Is my line of thinking correct?

[ QUOTE ]
As in, the cards will eventually come back, I just need to keep playing the same game?

[/ QUOTE ]
With high probability, this is an accurate statement. However, keep in mind that it is possible to be dealt 27o every hand for the rest of your poker career as well. It's also possible to lose every hand you ever play in. If you are a good player, just stick to your game. The results should come.
Old 02-23-2005, 04:19 PM

Default Re: Is my line of thinking correct?

Thank you. That is what I thought, I just figured I would ask since this forum is typically pretty smart about these things.