Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2005, 09:28 PM

Default 22 on QQ2 flop

Very loose table (41% VP$IP), thus my playing of 22 after one limper.

UTG is 35% VP$IP, 3.5% pre-flop raised, and .40 total aggression.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Who here 3-bets or simply calls and collects the bets behind you?

Turn: (7 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO folds, UTG calls.

River: (17 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls.

Slow down at all or am I just facing three queens?

Final Pot: 25 BB

Thanks.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:31 PM

Default Re: 22 on QQ2 flop

I like your flop call. No need to knock out flush draws and other players. I would just call the river 3-bet, otherwise looks fine
Old 02-22-2005, 09:50 PM

Looks fine. It looks to me like mr. UTG is in with KQ and paired up on the river. KQ would be a nice limping hand for him and he definately played it like 3 Q's. I think you got rivered - but if not, good hand. I may hold off on the flop action in order to let others catch, but that's me - i'm a slowplayer at heart. Good hand, sorry if you got outdrawn.
Results?

-KidPokerX
Old 02-22-2005, 09:56 PM

The cap on the turn already announced that you're full. I don't see the need to 4 bet on the river, especially considering that the flush didn't hit. Anytime the turn and the river are capped and I don't have the nuts, it seems like I lose. 2s full is not good considering the action.

Also against a tighter player I think you can call the river, because there aren't a lot of hands that will take the turn action and keep betting. But against a loose player, I would probably raise it too.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:49 AM

Thanks for the input. UTG flipped over QQ for quads.

I should have taken more note of UTG's .40 aggression on my river play.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:29 AM

well he busted a nut when you kept raising him...

If I were to pretend that I didnt see the result, i would have guessed he had KQ