Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2005, 09:04 AM

Default Re: 30-60 party hand. What do you do?

[ QUOTE ]
Since it is a four-bet cap, he gets to put in the last bet, getting better odds on it than he was the other 50 times he tried to bluff you... if he is, in fact, bluffing.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my #1 concern. If does put in that last bet, i have no options. Glad you mentioned it. Now we are thinking, i like it.
Old 02-22-2005, 11:15 AM

If you're going to get crazy with garbage in a blind war (there are plenty of legit reasons to do this, as long as you don't do it often), then rule #1 is to seize momentum early by 3betting preflop.

Given the call, I still don't love your line. Fastplay your "monster" and figure out how far you want to take your garbage move based on the texture of the board.
Old 02-22-2005, 11:31 AM

maniacs get hands to, learn how to fold, you're the reason they make money from time to time.
Old 02-22-2005, 11:48 AM

Is 47o really worth defending?
Old 02-22-2005, 11:51 AM

Since you don't want to hear about anything leading up to the river (which is fine, since it's your post) fold or raise. None of us have the EXACT read on your opponent like you do. You lose a showdown (I know, I'm gooood). Fold or Raise. There.
Old 02-22-2005, 11:57 AM

Well at least you hit open-ended on the turn... if you really wanted to bluff this pot why not just take one stab on the river if you miss instead of spewing all of these chips on the turn? Given the action it seems that you getting him to fold is highly unlikely.

Assuming I somehow made it to the river the way you did... I guess you might as well make a desperation bluff since you have zero chance of winning... although even that bluff seems like a waste at this point.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:41 PM

Blind war with 74o, priceless.

To answer what would I do with 74o facing a 100% blind steal from a guy on 100% tilt...I'd still fold. But fine, give it a call and check/fold a whiffed flop. Hands played like this even him out (tilt and stack wise) at your expense. Granted, sometimes its good to give a little back to keep them in the action, but I wouldn't qualify this as a prime example.

[ QUOTE ]
After putting 240 in on the turn, what hand could he check raise me here with?

[/ QUOTE ]

With 74 high, I guess the simple answer would be "many". But you are splitting with 73.

[ QUOTE ]
Whats my play here?

[/ QUOTE ]
Call and showdown, you've put in an asston of chips with 7 high...why not let everyone know what a fish you are so you can benefit from it in the future. Folding now would be waste of all those chips, and outside of Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny, I'm not sure who is folding any hand in that pot at this point for one more raise and certainly not Tilt Boy.
Old 02-22-2005, 01:08 PM

Call and showdown, you've put in an asston of chips with 7 high...why not let everyone know what a fish you are so you can benefit from it in the future. Folding now would be waste of all those chips, and outside of Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny, I'm not sure who is folding any hand in that pot at this point for one more raise and certainly not Tilt Boy.

I'm a much bigger fan of 3-betting the river and calling a cap. I suppose there is still some amount of fold equity, and even if he bluff caps, it would be pretty badass to be on the losing end of 1k+ pot that gets dragged by 9-high.
Old 02-22-2005, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After putting 240 in on the turn, what hand could he check raise me here with?

[/ QUOTE ]

His holding is irrelevant, except for the tiny possibility that he has 9 hi AND will fold to a 3-bet. I've seen fishy players go on uber tilt and call a capped river with 9 hi.

[ QUOTE ]
Whats my play here?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you really don't know what you should do here you really should move down. You have seven hi. If you think its possible that he will fold anything then you 3-bet and fold to a cap.

Oh and you don't want to hear it, but that is a clear fold pre-flop. The only thing more foolish than a fish on tilt is a fish who thinks he can outplay a fish on tilt with 7 hi.
Old 02-22-2005, 01:34 PM

I think he should move up in limits. Seriously.

This type of thinking i.e. bluff 3 bet on river - after capping on the turn no less - might be something you might need in your bag of tricks at the real high limits against top players thinking at multiple levels. I don't see much place for it though in 30-60.

Very interesting hand and I think that the original poster plays excellent (assuming that he doesn't always play such hands this way which I don't think he does given his pokertracker numbers). In any event, his post exhibits advanced thinking but IMO it's usually counterproductive at 30-60.