Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2005, 11:11 PM

Default Check N Raise?

Sorry if this has been discussed before but I was unable to find anything on it that really answered my questions.

Check N Raise if offering a 100% deposit bonus but in looking at the sight it looks as if NOBODY is playing there. Naturally this will make the clearing of any bonus impossible or close to it.

If I recall correctly they missed their launch date as well but I may be thinking of another site.

Does anyone here have any experiences with them to give me a feel for if they would be worth a shot? Good thoughts or bad as either would help.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Old 02-21-2005, 11:58 PM

Default Re: Check N Raise?

I couldn't explain the lack of players, but the "bonus" isn't particularly lucrative there.

since you don't get the 100% bonus up front and have to earn it through actual play, you must analyze how much you are paying in rake versus how much bonus you are getting back in return.

the check n raise bonus is paid $25 for every 600 "check points". check points are accumulated based on a rate of 12.5 CP's for every dollar of pot rake which is directly attributed to you (dealt cards, not contributed), or per $1 in cash tourney fees. So basically they take $48 of revenue from you before you get $25 back...not exactly the kind of deal that players would be jumping over each other to try and clear.

this is essentially a 50% rakeback deal on a site with very little traffic, and calling it a "bonus" is a bit of a stretch. most of the decent poker bonuses out there are worth the equivalent of 200-400% rakeback at the lower limits.
Old 02-22-2005, 01:25 AM

It's a dry site. No players so unless you want to play heads up or short handed to clear your bonus, I'd look elsewhere.
Old 02-22-2005, 01:45 AM

50% rakeback is nothing special, but about half the time there is a 2/4 or 3/6 game, so it might make sense if you have to find 1000 hours of bonuses a month.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:03 AM

Thanks for the info folks.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Check N Raise if offering a 100% deposit bonus but in looking at the sight it looks as if NOBODY is playing there. Naturally this will make the clearing of any bonus impossible or close to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes but at least you wont lose any money