Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2005, 10:02 PM

Default Re: Live Hand, 100NL: AA on the BB

Not sure. Preflop, I play the same. On the flop, it is always a tricky situation when someone leads into you. I usually raise it up unless I have seen the opponent lead into a PFR with the goods before. In this case, the stacks aren't that deep and you gave bad odds preflop, so losing your stack is not the worst thing in the world, but it is obviously preferable to avoid it if possible. I might min-raise the flop bet and then fold to a push. If he calls the flop raise and bets the turn, I might fold, I might push. If he calls the flop raise and checks the turn I am almost definitely pushing. I also might smooth call the flop. If he bets the turn, I am folding most likely if it is a pot-sized bet or pushing if it is a small bet. If he checks the turn, I am almost definitely pushing. It is just a tricky situation and you have to go with your read if you have one. There was an awesome thread in the high/mid forum a little while ago where it was a live game and the PFR got lead into with AK on an Axx flop and he had such a good read that he just flat out folded on the flop and the other guy showed his set. It is possible, but even the other posters on the high/mid forum were astonished that he could make that laydown without losing a cent.