Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2005, 06:05 AM

Default AJ in BB, not liking the action

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

UTG is very LAP, raising EVERY pot preflop, but passive post. No reads on other guy.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero...
Old 02-21-2005, 06:24 AM

Default Re: AJ in BB, not liking the action

folds without hesitation. c/r 3 bet with that much preflop action means you're doa, absent any read.
Old 02-21-2005, 06:44 AM

i call that every time. i see SB on possible a flush draw. if the other villian has a higher pocket pair i will check call down to the river. am i wrong?
Old 02-21-2005, 06:55 AM

Im not worried at all what UTG has, he is a compete maniac. What concerns me is the C/r from the other guy. If he had a flush or straight draw, I don't think he would c/r after a bet and reraise, so its looking like a trip tens, pair of jacks, or a highly unlikely slowplayed overpair.
Old 02-21-2005, 07:27 AM

Easy fold esp. with the maniac left behind you.
Old 02-21-2005, 03:39 PM

Wow. Tough hand. I either call and plan to spike my one outer and chop with SB or fold; with folding being my preferred option.
Old 02-21-2005, 04:45 PM

mmmmmmm This is a little tough [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img], SB's hand good enough to call the cap PF and now he comes alive? what:

J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]? I would lay this down,

Regards D
Old 02-21-2005, 04:54 PM

Eep. To c/r 3-bet and make you face two bets indicates SB is probably a decent player, who is paying attention to the fact that UTG is nuts and you are capable of folding. Following those lines, SB probably holds AJ-QJ and fears overcards, or he's on a flush draw. I would think trips-good-kicker would wait for a non-scary turn rather than make you face two cold on the flop, and a boat is unlikely. I guess it just makes me think you still have at least 25% equity in this pot.

This analysis is all too complicated to do in the heat of the moment, and I honestly would have folded.

However, if you continue, call and prepare to c/r SB on a non-scary turn, putting 2 to UTG and hoping for a cheap showdown. Fold to a 3-bet or 2 bets on the river.