Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2005, 04:11 PM

Default Re: Finally reached 10,000!!!

[ QUOTE ]
I'm assuming these were NL tourneys? How'd you make the jump to limit so quickly?

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you mean how did i make the jump to limit so quickly? do you mean how come i was playing 5/10 with little limit experience? if that is your question it is because my bankroll allowed me to. i built up a solid bankroll mostly through SNG play. i've been playing online poker for about a year now. i've read quite a few texts (TOP, SSHE, ITH, TPFAP, POP, probably some others, i'm not at home and can't look at my library) and believe i have a solid foundation, but many leaks.

right now i'm mostly playing 3/6 trying to patch up these holes.

harv, thanks for the thoughtful reply. as for BB defense, what hands do you defend with when it's going to be heads up? do you call with more or less hands in this situation given the lower implied odds, yet higher chance of winning?
Old 02-20-2005, 10:35 PM

how do those aggression numbers look?
Old 02-20-2005, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your folded to river bet % is actually a bit low...This number should be in the 40-45% range

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
a nearly 50% (blind) defense rate seems pretty high to me. Again, I don't think it's way high, but a little high.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this generally accepted? If so I've got some major leaks:

Folded to river bet 32.43% (Won $ at SD 55.56%)
Folded BB to steal 78.57%
Old 02-21-2005, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your folded to river bet % is actually a bit low...This number should be in the 40-45% range

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
a nearly 50% (blind) defense rate seems pretty high to me. Again, I don't think it's way high, but a little high.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this generally accepted? If so I've got some major leaks:

Folded to river bet 32.43% (Won $ at SD 55.56%)
Folded BB to steal 78.57%

[/ QUOTE ]

This is based on my own numbers (which is also a small sample) and what I've seen on these forums. However, I think that the blind steal/defense numbers are highly dependant on the limit you're playing--at 2/4 and below, blind steals aren't as prevalent, so your numbers will likely be lower (or in your case, your folded BB to steal will likely be higher...but probably shouldn't be as high as 78.5%).

I don't know what to say about your folded to river bet %...if you're winning more than 55% of your showdowns, you're obviously not calling a lot of rivers with A-high hands (or you're playing on some great tables). I should have made that point to the original poster as well, whose wonatSD is also very good.
Old 02-21-2005, 12:31 AM

The answers you get here are going to be kind of useless since the numbers are not only from 3 different levels, but also from 3 different blind structures.
Old 02-21-2005, 01:54 AM

the real answers i was looking for was those regarding aggression factor. maybe i should have only posted that little snipet. i don't know what good numbers for flop/turn/river aggression should be.

i'm well aware of the structural differences between games, thus resulting in different completion requirements. apart from that i don't really think there is much of a difference in the play between these 3 levels. maybe i'm wrong.
Old 02-21-2005, 02:12 AM

Your vpip will change a lot, so will your steal and defense numbers. This all has a pretty big affect on what your stats look like.

As for your question, I have no idea what good aggression factor numbers are.