Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2005, 04:54 AM

Default the wheel

6-12 HE in Coquitlam BC. Good game, generally 6-7 seeing the flop. In this hand, BB and CO are reasonably smart, aggressive players. UTG and UTG1 are idiots.

I have Ad3d in MP. 2 limpers, I limp. 2 more limpers, blinds call. 7 to the flop. (7SB)

Flop is 2c4c5h. SB checks. BB bets. 2 limpers call, I call, everyone else calls. (14SB)

Turn is Kh. BB bets, 2 limpers call, I raise, one fold, cutoff calls. BB then 3bets. UTG limper folds, idiot UTG1 calls. I call and cutoff calls behind me. (18BB)

River is 9d. BB bets. UTG1 folds.

Should I cap the turn? Should I raise the river or go for an overcall from cutoff?
Old 02-20-2005, 04:55 AM

Default results

BB stated two pair but did not show when I showed my straight. CO mucked.
Old 02-20-2005, 09:44 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: the wheel

yes, cap the turn. raise the flop though. this is a terrible spot to slowplay. you have people looking to shovel chips in the pot, and there are 3 low cards on the board. your hand is also easily couterfeited and you have a bet and 2 calls in front of you. slowplaying here is a textbook example of a time when you'll make more money by fast playing
Old 02-20-2005, 09:44 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: results

never show your hand before the aggressor does. you're losing out on free information
Old 02-20-2005, 10:15 AM

Easy turn cap, easy flop raise. Easy river raise.

You should raise the flop because the BB might clam up on the turn. Not raising the flop is just greedy. Do you think he would have led if the turn had been the Kc?

Krishan
Old 02-20-2005, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yes, cap the turn. raise the flop though. this is a terrible spot to slowplay. you have people looking to shovel chips in the pot, and there are 3 low cards on the board. your hand is also easily couterfeited and you have a bet and 2 calls in front of you. slowplaying here is a textbook example of a time when you'll make more money by fast playing

[/ QUOTE ]

So am I misapplying the concept of waiting until the turn to raise to knockout the presumably weak draws of the three people behind me?
Old 02-20-2005, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So am I misapplying the concept of waiting until the turn to raise to knockout the presumably weak draws of the three people behind me?

[/ QUOTE ]

The concept of protecting your hand does not come in to play much when you have a straight or higher. What hand that you fear is going to fold?

Krishan