Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2005, 07:55 PM

Default Re: ATo

AT makes straights and A9 doesn't. That is a big difference. The lower aces you go the less the difference is (in general) because you chop more frequently. However a Ten kicker is going to play alot of the time. And yes I now muck ATo UTG and raise AJo. Seems a bit arbitrary but that's how I roll.

-DeathDonkey
Old 02-20-2005, 04:15 AM

Default Re: ATo

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah but UTG+2 folded for 2 more bets, not one.

Anyway, why did you check the turn in this hand? At least follow though with your crazy flop play. If you are good, you don't really want to give a free card do you?

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I found as the strangest part of your play. If you are going to show all that strength on the flop you must continue with your plan and lead the turn. I don't think you thought that far ahead on this one. Sometimes a card can force us to change our anticipated line but I don't think the 9 dropping is one of those times.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 9 made me worried about a completed straight, which is the reason for the turn check. I'm not proud of how I played the hand, but since I will continue playing ATo from MP and later your comments are most appreciated.