Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2005, 08:19 PM

Default QQ Easy fold on turn?

The villain in this scenario is playing 35% raising 11% preflop. I have no information on what his 3-bet standards are.

Is this a standard check/fold?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.70 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Old 02-19-2005, 08:24 PM

Default Re: QQ Easy fold on turn?

mmmmmmm This is above my limit, I know @ $2/$4 I would probably check/call it down......... there are loads of hands where button could 3-bet, AJs, AQs, JJ, 10's...interested to see what the experts say,

Regards D
Old 02-19-2005, 08:29 PM

i think you should have 3-bet him on the flop
Old 02-19-2005, 08:37 PM

I figured I would get that suggestion right away. I thought about 3 betting but couldn't. He seemed to not fear the fact that I'm coming out betting after capping preflop and that gave me some cause to slow down. Weak?
Old 02-19-2005, 08:40 PM

The K isn't all that bad a card for you in this spot. Most opponents won't raise just overcards on the flop after you've capped preflop and led the flop so I think we're likely looking at a hand range of 99-AA against this opponent. You're still ahead of 99-JJ and way behind KK-AA so I think it's a call down. In fact the turn card is arguably a good one for you since it makes KK less likely.

I think you need to give more action on the flop, though. This guy isn't a rock.
Old 02-19-2005, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The K isn't all that bad a card for you in this spot. Most opponents won't raise just overcards on the flop after you've capped preflop and led the flop so I think we're likely looking at a hand range of 99-AA against this opponent. You're still ahead of 99-JJ and way behind KK-AA so I think it's a call down. In fact the turn card is arguably a good one for you since it makes KK less likely.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my thinking while playing the hand so I chose to call it down. It didn't sit right with me after the fact though.
Old 02-19-2005, 09:13 PM

I guess you have to call down.

6BB pot after the flop...Calling down cost 2BB

I think you are good atleast 20% of the time.
Old 02-20-2005, 12:30 AM

I wouldn't fold. I definitely would have 3-bet the flop.

He could easily have 99-JJ.

Krishan