Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2005, 05:06 PM

Default Playing 5+1 SNG on PP

What do you think is a good plan for playing in these? I play for fun but would like to get better. Right now i try to only play premium hands in the first 3 rounds to stay out of trouble but i find i am short stacked then. Any tips or advice? Thanks in advance
Old 02-19-2005, 06:41 PM

Default Re: Playing 5+1 SNG on PP

That's a good strategy. Very tight early. For the first 3 rounds, I don't enter a raised pot without AA, KK, QQ, or AK. I play pocket pairs 22-JJ for set value only (If I don't flop a set, I don't play them). I'll grudgingly let go of TPTK early if the other dude is aggressive.

Later in level 4 and beyond is a different story. I loosen up my raising standards considerably, but keep my calling standards fairly tight. For more on this, do a search on the GAP concept. Another search that will help you is to find Aleo's guide to beating the $10+1's at Party. It goes into everything I said in much more detail. Lastly, as soon as you get the bankroll, move up to the $10's. They aren't any tougher than the 5's, but you instantly increase your ROI by paying a smaller vigourish.

Good luck,
ss
Old 02-19-2005, 06:45 PM

Default Re: Playing 5+1 SNG on PP

Read this FAQ link:

http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/...mp;o=&vc=1

Best of luck to you,
S.J.